• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chirping and whirling sound coming from the secondary clutch area

qubert

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
apex
I have a 2007 apex, and at slow speeds im noticing a chirping and wherling sound,at of near to the secondary clutch area . does anyone know what im talking about . or does this sound familiar... belt is like new and has almost no wear, at all , un even or otherwise.

Did you remove the shims in the back of the secondary when you put in your new belt? Belt might be too tight

Did you remove the shims in the back of the secondary when you put in your new belt? Belt might be too tight
Nope .. just put a new factory yamaha belt on at the begining of the season its been fine . not giving me any trouble . i thought it might just be the belt aswell . but i only hear it at really slow speeds. .
thought it may be jackshaft berring . but its a new sound to me . and only started hering it recetntly. and its only under load . if i lift the track. and push on the throtle there is no sound

Remove the belt and try to move the secondary around to check for bearing play, or remove the secondary and look at the bearing,

Back