• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chroming

1CrazySledder

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
None, looking now!
I'll be chroming many parts of my RTX. I'm interested in how to chrome the exhaust covers. Any ideas, besides paint? Will the fake paint hold up and look good?

Vince

canadianhunter said:
Cubby's RX-1 Did some plastic chroming early in the year. Try the RX forum about 38 pages back for a picture.
Hope this helps

I couldn't find this post. Anyone have any companies in mind that will do a professinal / Sturdy job. Hopefully around here in Wisconsin or northern Il.???

Vince

Under search-- in "Search for author" type in " Cubby's RX-1" exactly as writen. Then about half way down the page Under " A few pictures for ya" there are good pic of his sled and he can help you locate a place to do chroming.

buddy of mine works at chevy dealer painting cars,according to him Dupont will soon have a very good chrome paint,it goes over a black base/clearcoat,apply chrome paint then clear again,as soon as they get it in we're gonna try it om the back covers and tips but im not sure of the date when the paint will be avail but will let you know when it does,i was thinking of painting the covers silver to blend in with the silvber part of the seat which i think should be the same color as the covers to make rtx look right,just my opinion

170plus said:
buddy of mine works at chevy dealer painting cars,according to him Dupont will soon have a very good chrome paint,it goes over a black base/clearcoat,apply chrome paint then clear again,as soon as they get it in we're gonna try it om the back covers and tips but im not sure of the date when the paint will be avail but will let you know when it does,i was thinking of painting the covers silver to blend in with the silvber part of the seat which i think should be the same color as the covers to make rtx look right,just my opinion

Cool, that's something I will keep in mind. It may cost me a fortune to hard chrome all the stuff I want just to tear it up on the trails. Yeah the seat thing, to bad there isn't a black seat with a red stripe, THAT would be cool. Wait, I may have an idea here???????? oh-ohh. Sounds like more cash for a custom seat cover. When does it end? :o| :bling :o|

Vince

Nope...........2000 Miles on those tips, still look like NEW

All of the CHROMING, Gas Cap, Sides Covers, Dash and Exhaust HAS STOOD UP FANTASIC ;)!

Attachments

• DSC01596.JPG
    DSC01596.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 387
  • DSC01595.JPG
    DSC01595.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 355
I have some House of Kolor Chrome paint on order right now, and should have it by the first part of the week. I don't know what I'll do on my sled with it, but I have an F7 that I will be doing some graphics with. I am going to paint it an orange color with true fire flames, and the Firecat logo and F7 will be in chrome. It should look pretty sweet, but I don't know if I would paint too many parts with it. It will be just as durable as any other color, but the chrome paint is kind of expensive. I would just be sure not to mix chrome painted parts with the real thing. I'll know more after experimenting with it, but I can't see it being hard to tell the difference.
Nate

I have the stuff, but have never tried it yet. I bought it for some flames and lettering I was going to do on a helmet, but the guy who owns it crashed his 4-wheeler with it, and cracked the helmet. I wanted to try something else before winter, but never got a chance. I'll get around to it soon...

Yo, its me Cubby, I just started a customizing business and I can chrome any plastic you need. Oh and I did Bountyhunters chrome about 3 years ago. I usually do about 2 plastic chrome runs a season and I am getting one together now. Average price is about $60.00 per part but the more I add to the order, the cheaper it is for all of us involved with this order.

So check out my website www.cubbyscustoms.com and my contact info is on the web site.........................Cubby

Back