• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CKX Mission AMS Helmet

I doubt it since their site says available fall 2019. Sure looks cool though. My son has the Titan Electric Back Country and absolutely loves it.

If I wouldn't have gotten the 509 Delta R3, I might have considered the Mission as I miss having a modular.

I have seen it:). Their first " prototype" batch were realy well made. I did not seen the electric shield yet but i am confident! CKX electric shield are the best one on the market in my opinion. Reliable, strong and very resistant to scratches. I was looking at the carbon fiber but there is not a big difference in weight. 1680gr standar and 1580gr carbon. The price difference is not worth it..... Not even 1/4 pound :dunno:

Last edited:
I went to the Big East Snowmobile show looking for a helmet. Tried on the CKX mission prototype and was not impressed. Seemed low quality to me compared to other helmets I tried on. There were no production models available yet so the helmet would be sent to your home when available. Hopefully the production models will be improved.

I ended up buying a 509 Delta R4 (Modular) from the Port Yamaha booth at the show. Quality of this helmet seemed much better and it was also a better price point!!!

Time will tell if I made the right choice....,

I went to the Big East Snowmobile show looking for a helmet. Tried on the CKX mission prototype and was not impressed. Seemed low quality to me compared to other helmets I tried on. There were no production models available yet so the helmet would be sent to your home when available. Hopefully the production models will be improved.

I ended up buying a 509 Delta R4 (Modular) from the Port Yamaha booth at the show. Quality of this helmet seemed much better and it was also a better price point!!!

Time will tell if I made the right choice....,

Hopefully this was isolate to the prototype... spoke with a dealer and he said the helmets are pretty nice. I need to get my hands on a production helmet to make my decision.

I tried one of these Mission helmets on Friday. They had pre-production and brand new production models there. There WAS a difference between the 2. The Rep said he would not use the pre-production models for sizing, only color display. Impressive. Very comfortable. probably the most comfortable helmet I have ever tried on, and I have about 10 at all times. Some nice features.
I ordered a matte black one. They where also giving 10% off at the time of order. I did not get the electric shield as I am trying to move away from the cord. Also electric shields all have a very small amount of tint and I already have a hard time seeing contrast in flat light.

Today I tried on both the CKX Mission and BRP Oxygen helmet at the snow show in Novi. I was very impressed with the fit and features of the Oxygen helmet. I really like not having a breath box up against my face. Helmet felt very roomy between my face and the shield. Really noticed the sound muffling features of the ear pieces.

I like the CKX Mission as well. I like the more open feeling like a modular helmet you get when the visor is up but didn’t care for the rubber breath mask. Also, their XL was loose on me and a large was tight. Dealer said it was still a prototype and the final XL would be tighter. I like the looks of the Mission as well as weight at 3.5 lbs vs 3.95 of the Oxygen.

Didn’t buy yet but leaning toward the Oxygen.

I ordered the Mission. I tried a production unit on Friday that had been delivered to a customer. Really like this helmet. Sizing is slightly different. Light. Didnt mind the breath deflector, can remove if wanted. Very comfortable for me. Really like the "amber Vision" sunglasses. I have had a hard time finding a comfortable helmet and have had up 10 helmets in my closet at once. Maybe my head is warped.

It's only weighs 3.5lbs which is very nice. Looks good too. I need to try a production size to be sure. Carbon is 3.3 lbs.

Any more comments on the Mission helmet?

I have one and like it. Very comfortable and and warm, air tight. I had to switch over to a different shield to make the nose piece to fit correctly. My dealer got me one for free. the smaller helmets take a different shield than the bigger one and the shields and be interchanged to get correct nose piece fit.

I have one and like it. Very comfortable and and warm, air tight. I had to switch over to a different shield to make the nose piece to fit correctly. My dealer got me one for free. the smaller helmets take a different shield than the bigger one and the shields and be interchanged to get correct nose piece fit.

Do you have the standard shield or electric. I normally use an electric shield (I have had a couple of FXR Fuel Modulars most recently). I normally need an electric shield or it will fog up.

How is the sizing? I wear a Large in the FXR Fuel helmet but I have tried on other CKX helmets and needed an XLarge. Does the Mission fit small like the other CKX helmets?

I was also considering the BRP Oxygen helmet but I because I can get it for the same price as the CKX Mission with electric shield. I don't really want anything BRP but it appears to have some nice features and doesn't use a breath guard. I have a CKX Tranz 1.5 modular that uses a similar silicone rubber breathe guard as the Mission and I don't know if I am sold on that material for a breath guard. Seemed to kind of stick to my nose.

If you dont like the nose piece and are running a heated shield, I would remove it. Mine is not heated, this is the reason I bought it, to get away from the cord.

If you dont like the nose piece and are running a heated shield, I would remove it. Mine is not heated, this is the reason I bought it, to get away from the cord.

Would you say the sizing is pretty true to size or do they run small like other CKX helmets do?

Bigger if anything. I could almost get a large and every other helmet i have ever had was an XL. I would try to see a dealer and try one on. buying helmets on line without trying them on , especially at this price, is a gamble in my mind

Back