• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CKX Mission AMS Helmet

After reading this post (and a few other reviews) I pulled the trigger on a CKX MIssion Optic helmet. I would agree with everything mentioned. The one issue I have is that when in very cold weather, I did have a draft coming up my neck and into the helmet. My previous helmet leaked a lot of air and I used a Klim balaclava with it. It's a full face one, however, which will not work with the Mission. Has anyone found one that works well with this helmet? I'm thinking I really only need something that covers my neck or one that has an open face. Any suggestions?
As far as glasses, I did try mine with it on. My glasses only fogged up when at a standstill. If I was riding, the movement seemed to circulate the air enough that the glasses did not fog up. Very impressed by that, as I've never been able to really ride with my glasses and not have fogging issues.
the one belaclava i like for cold temps is the gears one as it is nice and thick out of the helmet, covers down onto my back and chest and i run with it under my chin. -5 f i ride without my glasses as they fog unless i have my sheild cracked even with cleaning them with anti fog as i fog even worse with the breath box in.

1642718409051.png

After reading this post (and a few other reviews) I pulled the trigger on a CKX MIssion Optic helmet. I would agree with everything mentioned. The one issue I have is that when in very cold weather, I did have a draft coming up my neck and into the helmet. My previous helmet leaked a lot of air and I used a Klim balaclava with it. It's a full face one, however, which will not work with the Mission. Has anyone found one that works well with this helmet? I'm thinking I really only need something that covers my neck or one that has an open face. Any suggestions?
As far as glasses, I did try mine with it on. My glasses only fogged up when at a standstill. If I was riding, the movement seemed to circulate the air enough that the glasses did not fog up. Very impressed by that, as I've never been able to really ride with my glasses and not have fogging issues.

BRP makes an open face balaclava for their Oxygen helmets. I have one that I wear on really cold days and it works well.

I Luv mine. First helmet I can wear glasses and actually see!!
Yes they seem a bit cool/cold. I have a CKX balaclava but still can feel the coolness on your face

Back