• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CKX Titan Helmet - What's being used for a Balaclava?

ateick

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'24 Rene XRS 900R
'18 SR Viper RTX (SOLD)
'20 Poo XCR 850 (SOLD)
Going on second season for my Titan Helmet. Changed jacket this year and find the CKX Titan Balaclava lets a draft in now because it's too short.. oh and it's super tight. Wondering what others had success with?

I still want to keep an open nose/mouth so I've narrowed it down to a CKX Maverick or possibly a Ski Doo Ultimate Trail. Can't seem to get a good pic of front and back of the Ultimate trail to see length.

Cheers

Last edited:

Sorry, thought you were using a titan helmet.
Nope you were right. I didn't word the thread very well. I've edited it. I am using the Titan Helmet and the CKX Titan balaclava with it. I do have a good neck warmer I tried with the Titan balaclava but found the combo too hot and too bulky. I'm going to take a chance on the Ski-Doo Ultimate trail balaclava. I can't find any 360 degree pics of it to see how long it is but I like that it has a couple sizes. The Titan bala is one size fits all and is really frickin tight.

I also use one of the Ski Doo balaclavas at least 3-4 years old, works well covers neck front and back and is thin and comfortable.
Every fall I get tempted to go with a KLIM but then cant justify as the old Doo one works well and was a gift in need from RedBeard when I lost my cheap thin one....Years ago.

While not an open eye and mouth balaclava, I can't say enough about the Klim Arctic balaclava. It does cover my nose and mouth but is designed to not touch my nose and mouth.

While not an open eye and mouth balaclava, I can't say enough about the Klim Arctic balaclava. It does cover my nose and mouth but is designed to not touch my nose and mouth.
Arctic is a great one. I just wish they made something similar that was wind/waterproof like the Arctic but open faced. I've never had a problem with goggles fogging so I'd like to keep my mouth open to talk, drink.

Just picked up the Titan Carbon Fibre. Noticing that my custom made balaclavas which are an Unwind/Gears balaclava with a biker's neoprene facemask sewn to it probably wont be the best choice. This works great with my other mx style helmets in cold weather. I know the Ski Doo ones are thin which would work for those warm days but is there an open face that is thin under the helmet and thicker for the neck area like the Unwind/Gears for the cold days?

Back