• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CLEAN your PREFILTERS!!!

Master of Faster

Lifetime Member
Guys, just thought I'd give ya a heads up. I've had this problem in the past with the Outerwear filters on the quads. They look clean on the outside but if you pull them off and hold them up to the light you can see how dirty they are, you should be able to easily see through them.

I just pulled the outerwears off my filters, they've been on for three years and they were very clogged. The sled is stored indoors and only run on the snow. It has been running great but I've been down about 100r's from normal, I'd been contributing it to snow conditions so far but I'll bet this solves my problem.

This may be a problem for alot of you guys, can't hurt to take a quick look. Hold em up to the light and if you see dark spots they are clogged. I tried a bunch of different soaps with no luck but finally found that Scrubbing Bubbles took the junk out very well ;)!

Thanks, checked mine, were not too bad. I bought a new set and will clean the old ones for spares.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Frostbite said:
Thanks Dude!

I will clean mine as well but have no scrubbing bubbles.

What else would work?

Frosty

K&N filter cleaner works great for me on my UNI's. You can get that at most car parts places( auto zone etc.).

Back