• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cleaning aluminum

Alsim

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
LTX SE 2018
any trick for cleaning aluminum on the outside of the oil case, clutch. somes stuff like sandind or acid?

I believe that is a magnesium alloy and it's got a pretty coarse surface finish. Best I can say is powder coat it if it bothers you. Clutches leave as is. Belt shield and tie rods try Magic Mix metal polish.
True. If it does bother you Eagle One Mag wheel cleaner works real nice. Just dont let it sit on there to long since case is thin already!

Try oven cleaner on the coarse magnesium and aluminum. Spray on leave for 15 minutes and wash off.
Spray oven cleaner on the clutches? Will it clean them right up? I've been trying to get a Viper clutch I bought cleaned up and it's not cooperating lol!

Spray oven cleaner on the clutches? Will it clean them right up? I've been trying to get a Viper clutch I bought cleaned up and it's not cooperating lol!
Weren’t guys using there wives Dishwasher ! It does work wonders

Back