• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clear Code on 2016 Vector?

Snorunner

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Vector XTX
2017 Vector XTX
2001 Arctic Cat
Tried clearing a code. I used the method Listed on here. It does not go into a diagnostic mode. It shows error 4. Tried pushing the buttons again for 2 seconds. No change?

It will clear once it’s fixed.
Thanks. M.R. Sled! I will fix it first then. That’s easy enough thanks to this site! I have a code 85. Either a bad oil pressure sending unit. Or the connector fell off. But most likely the Mickey Mouse. Who lived in my sled this summer made it Goofy. Lol. P. S. How much does it cost for a lifetime membership? I believe that would give me access To a Yamaha Shop Manual.

What is error 4
Error 4 is what my Speedo said after holding in the 2 buttons for 8 seconds. My upper gauge is giving me code 85. But apparently there is no reset feature on the newer Vectors. Except maybe a battery disconnect. But I believe M.R. Sled. My guess is I have a hard fault. That will not go away until fixed.

In certain circumstances even with the fault repaired the ECM wants to see a few revolutions of the track via the speed sensor signal before the code clears off the IPC display.

Thanks. M.R. Sled! I will fix it first then. That’s easy enough thanks to this site! I have a code 85. Either a bad oil pressure sending unit. Or the connector fell off. But most likely the Mickey Mouse. Who lived in my sled this summer made it Goofy. Lol. P. S. How much does it cost for a lifetime membership? I believe that would give me access To a Yamaha Shop Manual.

So after warming up my Vector with the code. It Cleared! My observation is. I needed to store my Vectors for 2 weeks. Due to a house sale. So instead of paying the dealer to store them. I asked how far out are you on maintenance? And 2 Weeks. So against my better judgement. I paid them for their Winter prep package. Well I spent 20 years. As an Auto Technician. And from what I witnessed. After picking up the sleds. They never even had the Airbox lid off. But in thier 1.7 hour Labor description. They stated they did? I had so much water vapor in my crankcase. The oil level sensor on top of the oil tank. Was sticking? I maybe wrong. But I feel I was shafted. The old saying goes if you want something done right. Do it yourself? Lesson learned. My YES warranties have run out. The only thing I needed them for. I know broken record. Was their stupid Brick known as the original Single Shot Shock! Thanks Yamaha for nothing. If I Treated my customers the way you treated me. I would not be installing a Million Dollars of Automotive Repair Equipment. Every year since this Plandemic. Started. Good luck? Your going to need it. You can only live on your reputation so long. Before it comes back to bite you in the arse. I am not sorry in anyway I bought 2 brand new Vectors! First brand new Snowmobiles I ever bought. And I will fix your screw ups. I am talking to you Jarett. Thank you for your replies!

Last edited:
Yes my codes cleared! I believe. It was moisture in the oil? Based upon my High Tech diagnosis. And my eyes on the dipstick. That had the White Foam on it. Just questioning the Stealers invoice. Based upon my eyes. By the way speaking of Maintenance Is the Greaser still availabl?

Back