• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Closed Loop Feedback

snowdust

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
I switched to closed loop this year and have some miles on it now so thought I'd pass along my experience.

I run the hurricane bundle of tunes and really just run the 300 tune now. I have a CAI and run a Sandale stock modified muffler. Data logging showed it running rich before I got the closed loop. (I got the sensor first) I assume this is due to the muffler but not 100% sure if that is why.

After closed loop I can see it pulling fuel almost all the time. I would say it averages pulling 7-8%. At WOT it is pulling 2-3%. (I haven't had a lot of WOT runs though so that may vary) It does seem a little crisper on the trail. Runs the same otherwise. Fuel milage is improved for sure. Running slow trail speeds of ~25 I used the same as our vipers on two fill ups. (They were always better previously) Running Michigan trails at ~50mph I used a half gallon more on half a tank. (Running 300 tune but not running it hard at all)

Sooo. I'd say it works as advertised. I'm sure results will vary depending on your muffler and intake. I'm moving to a 3" muffler next year so it'll be interesting to see how things change with that. FYI - I went with the AEM sensor from TD as it was cheaper and Hurricane was out of stock. No issues there. The SD_24 code goes away right away after starting.

I installed TD header, 3" TD SQ muffler and closed loop this year. Just got back from a saddle bag trip running powertrail 270, refueling at approx 100 miles I took 1 gal less than stock Sidewinders in our group. Header and exhaust made a big difference and the 3" exhaust didn't have the annoying drone of the 2.5 SQ I took off. Very happy with set up.

Back