• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clunking by feet with an expert x 144

snopro442

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
mod 08 nytro, 2-2007 phazers and a 2010 sno pro 500 speedwerx exterminator. new 2014 nytro for towing the snowcoach. 2015 Viper mpi turbo
I just took out my 2008 nitro and I have the expert x 144 installed, have had it in now for a few years. I noticed at slow speeds a clunking by my left foot today. go fast and it goes away, slow way down and there it is. anyone else have that problem? no ice build up, right off the trailer it started to do it. I looked at everything and it all looks good. any info would be great.

not to sound dumb but how would that give me a clunk by my left foot????

Blew my belt last week. Just before it went I was vibrating like I was running a 3" track. It was a lot worst on the left side.

ok. I will check it out tomorrow and see what it looks like.

belt still looks like new, no damage. I checked the susp. over and cant see and broken parts.

the whole skid has under 500 miles on it, I had it since new. I plan on taking it out this Saturday and I will try a new belt.

Check both set screws in the left side drive bearing collar. Also you may need to reset the collar if they are loose. You can get to them from under the sled. I have seen 2 of these loosen on Apex's causing the exact noise you describe.

I looked them over and they look good and the white plastic part around the bearing is still good.

Make sure the set screws are tight. the bearing doesn't go bad, the set screws come loose.

ok I will check that out tomorrow after work when I have time, thanks for the help.

had some time so I took out the bearing to inspect it and I will put a new one in just incase. can someone tell me what the white collar does? does it need to be on the bearing?

Attachments

• bearing 001.JPG
    bearing 001.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 179
I replaced the bearing and both set screws and rode it all day yesterday without any noise. hopefully that was it.

a little off topic but, I was wondering how you like the expert x 144 and how it performs???

Back