• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cluster flash or flasher

Ontarioviperxtx

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder xtx
16 viper xtx se SOLD
08 nytro rtx SOLD
When getting the TD multi flash would you get the cluster flash or pay more for the flasher? What extra benefits do you get with the flasher?

When getting the TD multi flash would you get the cluster flash or pay more for the flasher? What extra benefits do you get with the flasher?

With the flasher you can get the “flash to pass” button to change tunes on the fly, or just by pressing the flash to pass button, without even touching the cluster. Also with the flasher you can connect to your phone/I pad/tablet etc etc when you download the app., and see all kinds of info/data logging. Also with the flasher you can download your own tunes into your machine if you want to.

When I got my SM Hurricane tune bundle last season...I chose the flasher and flash to pass button over the cluster flash, and I’m so happy I did. However, to my very pleasant surprise, Hurricane even threw in the “Cluster flash” for me at no extra cost(real nice surprise), So I have both..but thought/chose the flasher over the cluster flash for my wants.

If you’re not gonna get both....get the “flasher” over the “cluster flash” imo.

Ya I have one tune, when I cruise I use half throttle and when I want to pass I press it harder and really go, then I just let off and cruise again been doing it since I got my one 270r flash from hurricane, no malfunctions, turn key and go. Great stuff. You should see what happens when I push it all the way, especially on ice. I didn’t need all those connections and buttons, especially when I’m riding. Ya also I leave the cell phone home.

Ya I have one tune, when I cruise I use half throttle and when I want to pass I press it harder and really go, then I just let off and cruise again been doing it since I got my one 270r flash from hurricane, no malfunctions, turn key and go. Great stuff. You should see what happens when I push it all the way, especially on ice. I didn’t need all those connections and buttons, especially when I’m riding. Ya also I leave the cell phone home.

Lmao...good one Crossfire12!! I got a good laugh reading that.

Personally, if you have a tune bundle, the flasher is a nice option. I have the App thing set up...but don’t/haven’t messed with it at all...I’m not a huge tech guy either; it’s more fun just to ride the beast and enjoy it, then to mess with checking my phone. But it’s there if I ever wanted to mess with it??

To be honest, the tune bundle and “flash to pass” has worked perfectly..no issues at all. Just pure power at 3 different levels at the press of a button...whether you’re sitting still and change the power level, or on the fly at 70 mph; or just choose one tune for the conditions and leave it, it’s all up to you??? That’s the nice part with the flasher.

also I am certain it was probably a joke but I would never intentionally leave my phone home when I go out riding. Never know what may happen. I am still looking into all this and was thinking I would like just one tune to save some cash I cant make much sense of the pricing on the website for TD and Hurricane's website uses a platform that is blocked by my work. I spend 8+ hours a day on a computer at work so I generally don't go online when I get home so I may not even get a good look at what Dave has to offer. I wish there was just a this is what you need to go from stock to this tune price with clutch kit and everything else you need and then this is how much more for the flasher and this much more for tune bundle.

Call hu
also I am certain it was probably a joke but I would never intentionally leave my phone home when I go out riding. Never know what may happen. I am still looking into all this and was thinking I would like just one tune to save some cash I cant make much sense of the pricing on the website for TD and Hurricane's website uses a platform that is blocked by my work. I spend 8+ hours a day on a computer at work so I generally don't go online when I get home so I may not even get a good look at what Dave has to offer. I wish there was just a this is what you need to go from stock to this tune price with clutch kit and everything else you need and then this is how much more for the flasher and this much more for tune bundle.
call us at Hurricane at 613 803 5956 and I’ll help you understand what you need exactly
Dave

Thor, last year I too was just wanting one tune, and be done with it. Then as I researched everything thoroughly, I slowly came around to the bundle idea/flasher/flash to pass button etc....and I’m very glad I did. The versatility and fun factor is way up there imo.

Dave chimed in below, and says give him a ring. I’d do that, cuz last year I called him and asked him dozens of questions, and spent 45 minutes on the phone with him, and he was super patient and incredibly informative...without any pressure whatsoever. Very Nice person to speak to, and do business with if you decide to go Hurricane.

I’m not against it, it’s definitely a cool system, I like the changing of the power. But tech like this is not for me, every time I use tech , I forget I have it and just ride. I got the 270r from hurricane, no hiccups just ride

I have both they work nice it all depends on what you want to do. Give Dave a call super guy and will hook you up. He will answer all your questions and send you in the right direction. We have 4 hurricane setups in are group all flawless and do what they say.

I have both they work nice it all depends on what you want to do. Give Dave a call super guy and will hook you up. He will answer all your questions and send you in the right direction. We have 4 hurricane setups in are group all flawless and do what they say.

Yes sir...his stuff works great, and he’s very pleasant to deal with too.

I dynoe’d all 3 of his tunes in my sled, and 2 of the 3 dynoe’d significantly higher HP than even what Hurricane was claiming(over delivering)! And the 3rd tune was spot on what the claimed HP was advertising. So there’s no BS with their claims.

Hurricane horsepower claims are definetly as advertised.

If you trade up to a Winder with the electronic shocks, the 'push to pass' button is already on the sled......;)

If you trade up to a Winder with the electronic shocks, the 'push to pass' button is already on the sled......;)

Ya, but the shocks that are on the 17 and 18 LE’s are better than the electronic shocks....so that would be a trade off, rather then a trade up....lol!

Last edited:

Back