• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clutch fix info, update on page 2 ...

Tork

TY 4 Stroke God
... to be more widely available.
It is 3 new buttons with O rings that really quiet it down.
Had mine in for a 1000 miles, holding up good so far.

Thanks for the update,I'm waiting for my dealer to get the kits.

My dealer told me my kit is in! ;)! Getting it done this thursday! Can't wait to hear it without the diesel-knocking!!!!!!! Finaly!!!! LaLaLa

Part number

Is there a part number for these clutch kits? My dealer says Yamaha canada says there is no fix for the noise. If I have a part number they will have a hard time playing the game of deny.

Thanks in advance.

I have talked to a few dealers and have called Yamaha and have gotten the same line that they dont know of any fix.When I said that people have already had the fix installed they have told me that you can't always believe what people are saying online. So if anyone has a part # or if anyone from Upstate NY has had theres shimmed the dealers name would be very helpful.I need to get this done I can't stand it anymore! Tork what do you mean that they are more easily available has a bulletin been issued?

I'm geting the same thing from my dealer. They said they never heard of a fix for the clutch rattle.

BRX-1 said:
Is this just a Vector problem or Rage too?

BR
Mostly the 3 cylinders because of the 240 degree power pulses that motor makes. The 4 cylinders firing at 180 dont seem to have much of a problem although it is basically the same clutch (except springs/weights)

Have your dealer talk to Tech rep 'Larry' at the Pleasant Prarie WI Yamaha Regional Headquarters.
I have not been able to get the part numbers.

I'll try to get the part-number from my dealer on thursday. I wonder why we in Scandinavia have got the fix and you don't? Perhaps they want to test it out here first, like Tork's fix, before they put a bulletin out? :rocks:

Attachments

• 050222_112038.jpg
    050222_112038.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 155
My dealer gave me the buttons to install myself, or they will do it for me.

There were no instructions though, just three new buttons w/O-rings. I assume that you use one old button and one new button on each spider arm. The question is what side of each spider arm do you put the O-Ring Button on? It probably does not matter, but I figured I would ask.

garserio, who is your dealer? I live in Webster and would like to get mine done.

onlyblue said:
are they handling this as a recall??? no charge to consumer???

I am sure it is not a recall, you may have to be on record complaining about the noise to your your dealer before your warranty expires.
Should be no charge during your warranty period.
graserio said:
My dealer gave me the buttons to install myself, or they will do it for me.

There were no instructions though, just three new buttons w/O-rings. I assume that you use one old button and one new button on each spider arm. The question is what side of each spider arm do you put the O-Ring Button on? It probably does not matter, but I figured I would ask.

This is strictly a guess on my part, but I would think that the new parts go on the clockwise side, as the counter clockwise side would be the drive side and perhaps the stock buttons would stay there. You need to make sure.
From the way it sounds you have some talent and some tools. Why not pull your clutch (helping the dealer out that way) but let them install the new parts. That way if you have a problem later, you will be better covered.

Any part #s on the parts they gave you?

Back