• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch kits - real world results?!?

Turk said:
All that experience & you bought somebody,s kit? On a trail sled a picked sled & any sled with a good quality hard lug track can be clutched very similarily....but you allready knew that!

I've known allen and gary ulmer for about 5 years now. I spoke with Allen many times over the past couple months abut the testing of this kit. that combined with good results with the super tips last year lead me to buy allens setup.

I have a new baby and I don't have time to play with 50 setups.

BlueByYou2000 said:
Guys, keep it cool. This thread is not intended to thump your chests on your tuning knowledge. Its about a guy asking if clutch kits are worth it or not. Stick to the topic...BBY

I thought it was alright to answer Turks question. I wasn't trying to "beat my chest". Turk and I are playing nicely. I enjoy his knowledge and what he brings to the sport.

YAMMIEGOD 3:16 said:
well dirk diggler, i disagree and i am only posting here on this topic because of a certain post where you say you heard i barely beat some certain well set-up 4 stroke rx-1,s with my 2002 srx. And might i add they are studed and have cpr super tune clutch kits when i raced them. With this said your thory is wrong because my 2002 srx has a home made very agressive 8bu set-up that kicks #*$&@ with NO STUDS!!!!!!! 3:16 (tony)

What is my theory? I'm talking about drag racing not 2000 foot snow drags. I was very specific in a earlier post that non-picked sleds don't interest me.

The fact that you beat 2 RX-1's in 2000 feet of loose snow has nothing to do with this topic. The topic is cluthed apex verse non clutched. :ORC

Again, the internet is a funny thing. Ill say it again like I have for the past howmany seasons. If your happy with the stock clutching, LEAVE IT ALONE. if your not and like to tinker to get the best out of your sled for the way your ride. Then clutch it, pipe it, turbo it...etc. To each there own. The beating there chest thing was not directed at one individual person, it was more of a STICK TO THE TOPIC. Sorry you two took that the wrong way.

All this said. Clutching these sleds IMO makes a big diff. As welter points out, it takes $360 to beat your buddies stocker by 4-5. To some its worth it, to some its not. 4-5 lenghts is a ton in 600 feet no matter how you look at the price it takes to get there.

The stock clutching on the Apex/Attak is the best Yamaha has had to date and hats off to them for that. If all you do is run 2500 feet top end runs, leave your clutching alone. If you like to line up with your buddies on the grass, ice or hardpack, then clutch it. You will be out front...BBY

BlueByYou2000 said:
Again, the internet is a funny thing. Ill say it again like I have for the past howmany seasons. If your happy with the stock clutching, LEAVE IT ALONE. if your not and like to tinker to get the best out of your sled for the way your ride. Then clutch it, pipe it, turbo it...etc. To each there own. The beating there chest thing was not directed at one individual person, it was more of a STICK TO THE TOPIC. Sorry you two took that the wrong way.

All this said. Clutching these sleds IMO makes a big diff. As welter points out, it takes $360 to beat your buddies stocker by 4-5. To some its worth it, to some its not. 4-5 lenghts is a ton in 600 feet no matter how you look at the price it takes to get there.

The stock clutching on the Apex/Attak is the best Yamaha has had to date and hats off to them for that. If all you do is run 2500 feet top end runs, leave your clutching alone. If you like to line up with your buddies on the grass, ice or hardpack, then clutch it. You will be out front...BBY

Well said Matty!!!! :Rockon:

"Turk" I'd be very interested in your clutch findings. I have been reading your clutching posts for years and find them very helpful and informative. I'd appreciate if you could PM me with your findings. :tg:

This forum is really a great tool to learn and share. :Rockon: Please, don't ruin it for others, look what happened to Amsnow Yamaha section as a result - it's almost dead! :o|

i tried on my 04 warrior a simmons cpr clutch kit with hh weights,helix.springs. and it was awesome.it did make big diffrense,4-5 sledlengts over stock. thats way i have odred a new cpr clutch kit to my attak,and hopfully i will be satisfied with that,spessially if it works as good as it did on my old warrior. does anbody have cpr kit on the new attak,please post resault.

no!! the topic went to its a waste of time to clutch a unstuded snowmobile. geez, all you guys here are drag racers ? cool!! that means you only run 500 f.t. or 660 f.t. !! diggler , than i agree with ya, you better load up on chisles than with those clutch kits.!! 3:16 (tony)

if I was going to race a SRX 2000 feet with an Apex or an RX-1 and said SRX had no studs I'm want to run my sled without studs. The conditions that you race in at teh airport is loose snow as well which is a huge benift to the short travel SRX.

My drag race setups will not work for those condtions.

studs or not would not change that outcome!!! sorry. dude, you been at our airport as you call it ? no, your listeneing too info over the cell phone. matter of fact, the day i raced those 4 strokes the snow was almost gone !! as farr as always loose conditions, i disagree again, i have seen all conditions there. 3:16 (tony)

Back