• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Noise Sollution?????

I started mine the other day to check the sled start and ran when I heard that clutch. I thought there was a arctic hex clutch on it at first. That has got to change as I would be embarrassed to leave it like that.

Great idea !!

I too thought you were putting the washers on either side of the roller until i saw your photo.

Were did you purchase the washers ??

mj

I did something similar. I put metal washers where you put the nylon ones and it sounded quieter but it was still a lot louder then my 10,000 mile viper. Maybe it was the metal washers vs nylon.

noise

Just did my 09fx clutch today with the nylon washers.What a difference,sounds like my apex clutch now.Got the washers at lowes,a #10 washer and only 58 cents for 4.See how they hold up once the season starts. :4STroke:

fantastic. I am Glad that this is making a difference and it is not just my imagination that the noise is finally gone and I can enjoy the sound of my engine.

I did put a bit of blue lock tight on the nuts to ensure they did not come off.

lol, the best part of this is that you can pick them up at any large hardware store (Canadian Tire for me) These are standard #10 or Nylon Washers. Again I have not tested for durability under winter running so I can't say what is going to hold up best.

ATTABOY, you da man.....hey dude, you live like 10 min from me...ever ride outta Port Perry?

Yes sir,

we run out to the forest or head north from there all the time. I will give you a shout with my contact info on it. Always looking for a ride!

Lets try to keep it on topic here.. Dont want to get the brand bashing started.
Thanks

I dont see durability as an issue at all at that spot....you could use a rubber O ring there as well..

Back