• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch spring life

ROCKRTX

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
For primary and secondary.

What is the life of a clutch spring?
How long of use before out of spec? 2-3-4...year?

ROCKRTX said:

Ive seen some sack out after one season,while others ive seen maintain there rates for many yrs!....only way to know would be to do a pressure test on them.

if you see some major RPMs changes in your riding on top end,without any other changes to your sled this would indicate sacked out springs.

many racers replace springs quite often to be sure.

Dan

ROCKERDAN said:
ROCKRTX said:

Ive seen some sack out after one season,while others ive seen maintain there rates for many yrs!....only way to know would be to do a pressure test on them.

if you see some major RPMs changes in your riding on top end,without any other changes to your sled this would indicate sacked out springs.

Dan

Thanks DAN,i thought the same as you state.I have seen little RPM effect with my clutch kit over 3 year but is still on the target (RPM) with minor tuning,but again...condition,belt use or new and clutch maintenance could affect RPM.
Will see this year if i am still on target.

ROCKRTX said:
ROCKERDAN said:
ROCKRTX said:

Dan

Thanks DAN,i thought the same as you state.I have seen little RPM effect with my clutch kit over 3 year but is still on the target (RPM) with minor tuning,but again...condition,belt use or new and clutch maintenance could affect RPM.
Will see this year if i am still on target.

I hear ya...every season its great to get into the clutches and keep things fresh...

I know with me adding boost this season ill be tearing into my dalton components to get those RPMs where they need to be.

Dan

I changed my Attak and RX1 primary and secondary springs this year. About 8,000 miles on both. Last year I started blowing up belts like never before, I believe it was from heat buildup/belt slippage in the secondary. By the way all the rollers, bushings and pins were fine on the primary but I did put buttons on the secondary.

So this sled has almost 6000 miles, I think it will get treated to some new springs. One primary roller is quite wore, the other 2 look good yet.

So this sled has almost 6000 miles, I think it will get treated to some new springs. One primary roller is quite wore, the other 2 look good yet.
Sidewinder?
You may want to go Dalton as I find the stock springs break often enough, including the secondary.

wow, old thread.

Back