• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch weight question

Hydroburke

Veteran
I have a 2008 Phazer MTX and I have a stock clutch off a 2007 FX on it. I want to switch to the MTX clutching and had a question about the weights.
I have a set of 8DN-17605-10 weights and the specs call for a 8DN-17605-30. What's the difference between the 2 weights?
I couldn't find any pictures on line and my Yamaha chart just shows the -10 and -20 (which are different from each other)
Anybody have any pics of the -30?
Maybe even some recommendations for the -10 weights? ie rivets?
Thanks,
Burke

Hi guys, I bit the bullet and bought the 8DN-17605-30 weights from the dealer, problem is they are stamped with 8DN 10 right on the weight. Not sure what's up with that..
Now I'm looking for some real world rivet info for these.
My manual is really confusing in this area, there's a inner, middle and outer position listed in the specs but my weights have only 2 holes.
If I just fill the inner (3.6g) and outer (2.4g) per the manual would this be in the ballpark of what you guys are running?
No snow here yet for testing but I'd really appreciate some input to get starter here.
Thanks!!

Last edited:

Back