• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch weight required

Hardrock16

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 sidewinder b-tx
running a btx with hurricane cluster flash. (240,270,290). Cai, blow off valve and clutch kit. Over raving on the 270 tune at 9150-9200. Will adding 2g weight bring rom down enough ? Wanting the 270 to be around 8800 and hoping the 290 would no be over 9000

Without knowing your current weight setup no one can accurately say what you need for additional mass.
As an educated guess only...I would say you will need to add 3-5 grams to each arm to bring the RPM down to approx. 8800

Last edited:
Your weights are already pretty heavy. The fact that you still have the stock secondary spring could be allowing the belt to slip in your secondary clutch that is causing your RPM to be higher then optimum. Lots of info on the SW trail forum on clutching issues. You could try 4 grams more in the tips of your weights but I would not be surprised if your RPM is still high which would indicate you are slipping your belt.
Most tuned sleds are running Thunder products Orange or Dalton black/Orange secondary springs or similar springs with the stock 35 Helix

Ok thanks. This is a hurricane performance package that they sold me. I asked about springs but they had said they should not be required. I will try the weight and look into getting a secondary spring.

Ok thanks. This is a hurricane performance package that they sold me. I asked about springs but they had said they should not be required. I will try the weight and look into getting a secondary spring.
2019 mtx primary spring , Dalton B/O or Dalton White secondary spring and the start adding weight to primary as need for elevation . You can't stop the stock secondary spring from slipping with a tune on a mtn sled .

2019 mtx primary spring , Dalton B/O or Dalton White secondary spring and the start adding weight to primary as need for elevation . You can't stop the stock secondary spring from slipping with a tune on a mtn sled .
Black Orange Dalton is actually weaker for most of the shift than the stock secondary spring tho.
60Y weights usually need a lot of heal weight, if you add weight in the middle you’ll probably only need 2~3 grams. If you add it in the heal you’ll need almost double, so yea 5 grams in the heal if you have room. I run my 60y’s fully loaded in the heal.

Back