• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutches on ‘03 Rx1 LE with reverse

Lagman

Did my carbs. New belt. Now I’m seeing a gap at the end of the secondary near the bolt maybe 1/8” near the washer and shim. Book has adjustment with feeler gauge at .05 between sheave and washer. Also got some noise from the primary when it’s going back to idle. Any thoughts? Thanks!

The gap on the secondary shaft is normal. That is so the secondary can float to center for belt to be straight.

The primary noise you hear is the clutch coming back to idle position and is normal.

You are running the sled on a stand where the track is spinning and building some friction on the slides. This causes the belt to stop quickly, the secondary to not fully bring the drive belt back to idle position and the primary clutch to make a snapping noise. You won't hear that noise if you were coming to a stop sign on the trail.

Sometimes I have a garden hose spraying water on the track and slides...especially the newer tracks that aren't fully clipped.

Ok, took a ride and here’s a noise I’ve never heard before. Happened’s when I stop. Nothing when riding only when coming to stop l, no brake. Thing runs great! Hooks up at 3600 rpms. I’m lost with this. Just can’t get past the book saying .05 gap between shaft and washer with shim on the outside of secondary. Normal? Ideas? Thanks

Ok, took a ride and here’s a noise I’ve never heard before. Happened’s when I stop. Nothing when riding only when coming to stop l, no brake. Thing runs great! Hooks up at 3600 rpms. I’m lost with this. Just can’t get past the book saying .05 gap between shaft and washer with shim on the outside of secondary. Normal? Ideas? Thanks
If you want to eliminate the rattle at idle, you can buy the buttons and 0-rings that they used in the newer triples. You need three of each. You can also use spider shims if they will fit also. Part number 8BW-17654-20-00

It’s not the rattle that concerns me, it’s whine and snap at full stop. The other video shows the primary snapping back when it stops.

That noise is normal. It's your clutches shifting back and your clutches coming back to their idle position. You can get rid of most of that noise and reduce your engine braking with a good clutch kit.

Back