• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutching help !!

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha Nytro XTX
Last season I installed a MBRP muffler to my 2010 nytro xtx, other then muffler the sled is fully stock. My issue is now at full throttle under load (deep snow or when gripping hard on hard packed trail) the sleds hits rev limiter and will continue to until i let completely off throttle and throttle down again.
I don't really understand clutching but I know I need heavier primary weight or coming along those lines ?
HELP

Allen ulmer can fix you up with a clutch kit to get the most out of stock setup. I see your in Ontario, you can also see Dave bar Huricane performance. He did my sled.

A nice little upgrade is a set of 14.5 mm rollers and YPY primary spring. Parts are available from ulmer or your local dealer.

sounds like it needs some more tip weight.

How clean are your clutches? How many miles on the belt? Adding a higher flowing muffler does add a few HP but won't raise your RPMs that drastically...a full system with airbox mod will. I suspect your rev limiter issue has more to do with worn parts, cleanliness, worn belt etc. adding a couple grams to the tip would be a quick fix that would pull the RPMs back down to 88/8900

Back