• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutching question

fxnytrortxkid

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 nytro rtx
so I’ve been playing with my clutches on my sidewinder dear, top end seems to be missing by a bit. So I did the ole sharpie trick on primary.

How close to the top of primary does the belt get in these new clutches? I’m 1/4” down from the top with top of the belt.

so I’ve been playing with my clutches on my sidewinder dear, top end seems to be missing by a bit. So I did the ole sharpie trick on primary.

How close to the top of primary does the belt get in these new clutches? I’m 1/4” down from the top with top of the belt.
Sharpie means very little.....

These sleds are geared(21/41) for 126mph when tapped out of gear....to get there you need ICE or plowed road, or tailwind, or HP(tune). Not necessarily in that order..lol

Dan

Was plowed strip on lake and smooth.
Stock HP?
What track lug height?
Distance?
Headwind?
Window height?
Studs?

I think for the most part I have seen stockers run from 113mph to 120 when all is perfect.

I assume its not the nytro in your profile, it is a Winder correct? Model and yr?

Dan

The sidewinder yes. It’s stock with D&d clutching,2018 129 with stock ripsaw 2 180 studboys 1.5 studs no headwind. Launches good then about 105 it’s flat. Turning 8750rpm

The windshield? The gauge blocks more wind lol. Viper extreme low

The sidewinder yes. It’s stock with D&d clutching,2018 129 with stock ripsaw 2 180 studboys 1.5 studs no headwind. Launches good then about 105 it’s flat. Turning 8750rpm

The windshield? The gauge blocks more wind lol. Viper extreme low
Yeah we found the taller windows to lose a fair amt of MPH....Low is fastest even if you cannot tuck.

How far run?

I would think on ice or plowed roads, most stock 1.25" Winders should run 113 or so min....with enough distance.

How many miles on her?

Dan

1600miles. I would say it was a solid 1/4-1/3 mile. I still killed a “canned” 850 skidoo but it isn’t pulling top end like my father’s stocker. I’m not sure if it’s the weight profile or the helix. Or maybe needed diff springs and I’m coilbinding the primary to not let the clutching work efficiently

I’ve had it to 115 cpl times last year on long lake runs. Now 105-108 that’s it. Only changed clutching so I know it’s in what I changed somehow.

I’ve had it to 115 cpl times last year on long lake runs. Now 105-108 that’s it. Only changed clutching so I know it’s in what I changed somehow.
Well what did you do too it?
:drink:

Well it has better bottom end and midrange. Wasn’t sure if the belt not riding up totally on primary was a cause or just the clutching changes.

It’s a 33-39 or 33-37 helix I believe then new weights, and secondary spring. Great trail manners. Snappy down low more so than before, but lost some top end I suppose that’s trade off. I think majority of the kit is based on their tunes to tho and just change the amount of weight they add to ramp based on which hp level your at

You're slipping the belt and losing up top. What are you running for weights? Snappy down low doesn't make for fast

The D&d magnaforce weights. I had to remove cpl magnets from the weight to get rpms back up from what they set it at. They aren’t as aggressive of a curvature as others for sure, but not as flat as the stockers obviously. I think I’m 1-3-2-0 for magnets in them currently. Started at 1-3-3-1 (base to tip) 1.3g per magnet. I believe 67 gram base weight.

Could be slipping. It’s not showing signs of that up top, belts fairly new, only cpl hundred miles. And no black marks or glazing on the belt or anything that resembles a slip on top end of primary or down by bottom of secondary.

Back