• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutching with ECP

bleedin-blue

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Apex GT 144 tipped rails, Cobra track
I know this subject is probably a bit beaten to death, but I could use a little help before I drop the clutch setup I have and buy new. To begin, I have aligned my clutches and sync'ed the carbs.

I purchased a Bender racing clutch kit for my 2005 RX1 w/stock air box last year. I bought my air kit from Freddie this year to hopefully improve my sleds performance. I keep reading that one of the keys is to be hitting 10,500 rpm's while Bender keeps telling me 10,200. I am acheiving 10,100-10,200 consistently. The Bender kit came with heel clicker weights so I have some adjustability with different washers and screws that came with the kit. I guess I'm looking for some advice or direction on some small tweaks I can try before scraping the clutch kit I have.

Just for talking point if anyone wants to chime in, Bender claims that putting on K&N filters instantly loses 7hp across the midrange. I find this extremely hard to believe after reading this forum, looking at dyno results, and seeing the support for this mod.

Freddie, I'm not sure who your using for clutching, but I think I should get in touch with them. Possibly to buy a new setup.

Horsepuckey!

Go with Heavy Hitter weights loaded up to load the motor hard. I use both the 3/4 and 1/4 in the heel, a 7/16" steel with two steel washers in the mid and a 3/8" steel in the tip with one steel washer. That should get you close. I also use a O/S/O primary spring with a silver secondary spring at 80 degrees.

Yes, my sled seems to pull hardest at 10,500 to 10,700 but that's based on my buttometer.

Good luck

Frosty

Frostbite thats way off the recommended setup but I see where you are going with it. Are you still using the 52\44 that came with some of the kits sold and what are you seeing for speeds?

Back