• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cobra 1.35 vs Ripsaw 2 1.25

This is correct. The great majority of the area on the lugs on a Cobra 1.35 track aren't any taller than your typical 1.25 track.
It hooks up way better

Well I will help, call Kevin at Port Yamaha in Port Washington, Wisconsin. The guy is one of the most knowledgeable parts guys I have ever dealt with. I know what he will tell you.

Secondly I had the Cobra on a couple two stroke 3 cylinder Yamaha sleds I owned too. There was a big trade off, better hook up for sure but they suffered a big loss of top end. These four strokes have more torque so the top end loss is less drastic.

I was going to put a Cobra on mine but when I called Port Yamaha who had some great deals on them he steered me into the RS2. I had that 2008 to compare to also and I was very happy with my decision.
That's weird I noticed way more top en on my apex

Cobra tracks are all 1 ply? I did not think this was the case..
The Cobra on my apex is 2 ply full clipped more top end better tracción

How many miles on the Cobra? Is it an Ice Cobra 144" ?
It's a 121" not the ice about 5000 miles and still looks new probably because it's not studded , 1st thing i noticed was about 5mph faster and pulls the front end off the ground on hard acceleration

That's weird I noticed way more top en on my apex
Probably compared to the standard Ripsaw. The Ripsaw II hooks just as well as the Cobra in testing and has more top end, both sleds equal. Both our 136 Apex's running the same clutch kits and both drivers very close in weight.

To echo what everyone else has mentioned here, I had a Cobra 1.6" on my Viper XTX and was not a fan. I think that was a stiffer durometer compared to the 1.35" version. It was good for about 500 miles then it just folds over under power.

Back