• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cobra Tall windshield and hand guards ? WORK

yamadoo

Yamadoo is a snowmobile ' aholic'.
Country
USA
Snowmobile
15 Viper STX DX red/white- GPS and KING AIR suspension 4kmiles
13 Apex XTX 45 anniversary RED/WHITE/BLACK 3K miles
10 Vector LTX Blue 9kmiles
11 Venture GT 4k miles
86 SnoScoot(2) for grand kids
I am thinking about both the Cobra tall windsheild and the yamaha hand guards with the mirrors that extend up from the hand guard frame.

I presently have the stock and Yamaha low (on sled)windshields.

I am wondering if the hand guards would hit on any of these shields?

Thanks

Yamadoo

Cobra tall windshield is awsome.... I think the hand guards may hit it though. I don't have any hand guards and the bars touch the windshield.

Anyone with experience to tell us if we can combine hand guards and the Cobra tall or even the Ymaha mid?

Thanks

Yamadoo

I have the Cobra tall, it has great upper body protection, but not much protection to the hands. My bars can just touch on full turns so the handgaurds probably wont fit. ;)!

I have the Cobra/Powermadd tall installed with Sportech hand gaurds. At full turn the handgaurds touch the windsheild but doesnt seem to be a problem. It will matter a little how your bars are adjusted. Works good for me.
My father has the Yamaha mid with the hand gaurds and his just barely touch. Both set ups work really nice.

2008 apex ltx windshield offers pretty good wind protection. But I dont know if it will fit with the handguards you want..

Attachments

• Bilde 004.jpg
    Bilde 004.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 149
Sniper viper

I think that is different than the stock ones I have seen, I must be thinking of the 07's.
It looks very promising. How is the hand wind protection, if good I could skip the hand guards, and the body protection?

Thanks

Yamadoo

As you can see from the pic, the hand wind protection is very good and bodyprotection the same. I can feel some turbulense when driving in high speed but from what I have seen/tryed I think this is the optimal windshild according windprotection and how it looks. Yamaha part nr is: 8FR-K7210-30-00

wow

thanks I will be getting this

Yamadoo

It may be in the mounting postion. I have the Cobra tall shield, PowerMadd hand gaurds and Powere Madd gauntlets over the gaurds. Have yet to touch the windshield on my ER, also a 1-1/2" bar riser.

yamadoo said:
I am thinking about both the Cobra tall windsheild and the yamaha hand guards with the mirrors that extend up from the hand guard frame.

I presently have the stock and Yamaha low (on sled)windshields.

I am wondering if the hand guards would hit on any of these shields?

Thanks

Yamadoo

APEX GT FINALLY
There is no head turner like it. You are the center af attention at any stop - sleds that is. UNTIL YOU PUT ON A TALL WINDSHIELD, ya can't have it both ways IMO.

I couldnt care less about what people might think about my sled after adding this tall windshild. If they stop turning head so what? As long as my hands are warm and my balls arent deep frozen after a long lake run in high speed, I'm happy!

sniperviper said:
I couldnt care less about what people might think about my sled after adding this tall windshild. If they stop turning head so what? As long as my hands are warm and my balls arent deep frozen after a long lake run in high speed, I'm happy!

that's all that counts, being warm and comfortable :Rockon:

SharkAttak said:
sniperviper said:

that's all that counts, being warm and comfortable :Rockon:

ok... but if that were really true you'd probably be drivin' one of these-- LMAO
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Back