• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

code 11 cylinder identification sensor ??

yamadog07

Expert
2007 attak, 20,000 kms. ruunin great. shut it off... went to start up & put in gargae... yellow light... clicking & code 11 flashing... -3c outside...
code 11 is cylinder positioning sensor i think ?
any idea on what next ????

Re: code 11

yamadog07 said:
2007 attak, 20,000 kms. ruunin great. shut it off... went to start up & put in gargae... yellow light... clicking & code 11 flashing... -3c outside...
code 11 is cylinder positioning sensor i think ?
any idea on what next ????

thinking the sensor is bad,

But it also could be the ECM, or a short.

code 11 actually says: "cylinder identification sensor, No normal signals are recieved from cylinder idetification sensor. continues to operate the engine based on the resultsof the cylinder identification up to that point."
unabls to start but able to run.
is there a way to do a reset ? or test this ?

The sensor is located on top of the cyl head cover behind and between cyls 2 & 3. Three wire plug.

No normal signals are received from
the cylinder identification sensor.
• Open or short circuit in wiring sub lead.
• Open or short circuit in wiring harness.
• Defective cylinder identification sensor.
• Malfunction in ECU.
• Improperly installed sensor.

part is out. also did diagnostic check per manual, it has 4 v dc to plug. i assume if it has power per spec it must be sensor... on order will update.

remedy: i put same sensor back in, still fault code 11. rotated clutch, thus turning crank & cam. fault code 11 went out. engine still did not crank, after jumping relay ... then power direct to starter... i have figured out the starter is fried.
that fault code 11 really thru me off for what i was looking for.
the way i figured this out was others told me during fault code 11, engine still cranks, i thought the manual said "unable to start" meaning not able to crank.
anyways, just need a starter & on my way. thanks guys !

Where did you get the part and how much did it cost?

I have a similar problem. 2006 Apex with a code 11. The engine turns but it doesn't seem to be getting any fuel (dry plugs) despite the fact that I'm almost certain I can hear the fuel pump starting up when I turn the key.

Back