• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

code 12

brian m

Veteran
Hey guys, has any one here had a code 12 and tried to just plug a new crank sensor in to the plug and see if the code goes away? only to prove the sensor was bad of course. I have a friend that had a code 12 and got a stator and sensor from RM stators and we replaced it and sled will still not start and we still have a code 12??????????????
thanks Brian

There's an easy procedure for testing the sensor by checking the resistance. I don't know why it wouldn't start unless it's either installed wrong (would be tough to mess up) or the new one is bad. I'm assuming it's a new one and not used? Anyway, here's the procedure to test.

Attachments

• Scan0001.pdf
    311.3 KB · Views: 247
Hey i had gotten a code 12 on my nytro a couple weeks ago. just wondering if you engone still turns over? i had got the code becuase i turned the key to the start position and the engine never turned.. starter was seazed. if the engine isnt turning over for you then maybe check and see if your having the same problem i was having.

Yes the motor turns over and sputters. Very week spark. Did the test on sensor. tested fine. Was wondering if the new stator is bad?? got it from RM statorthanks Brian

i just dealt with the whole code 12 deal.
my stator pick up was bad but it was easier just to replace the whole assembly, (pickup and stator) i dont remember the specs or how to test it but all the info you need is in the service manual. if you cant find a service manual then the customer service # for ricks motorsports is
1800-521-0277
if they sold you the stator, they should be able to tell you the specs for it and how to test it.
good luck

CODE 12 PROB FIXED!

.6 ohms accross any of the two white wires and its fine.
Got the stator from RM stator.the problem was the crank sensor mount holes are slightly larger than stock and we centered it. It did not work. RM said to push it towards the crank all the way then fasten it down. This solved the prob. Runs like a TOP!

Back