• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

code 20 ? please asap! for apex

Code 20: Intake air pressure. Atmospheric pressure.

Symptom: Defective values are detected due to the internal malfunction.

Fail safe action: Fixes the air intake air pressure and atmospheric pressure to 85.0 kPa.

If I'm not wrong, the intake sensor is located on the injector rack?
And the atmospheric is located beneth the intercooler.
They do not display the same value, therefore you get that code.

Had same problem myself, didn't get code 20, but you run MCX kit, right?

Check the hoses out of the blow of valve pn the intercooler. One of the hoses was loose on mine.

Might not be you problem, but worth a check

sled

code 20 is a voltage difference betwwen atmosferic sensor and map sensor i think off the top of my head i would have to look. not necessarily the sensor itself

Thanks guy's... It was my friends apex with mcx. Mcx pressurizes the stock barametric pressure sensor. He took in a bit of moisture and tripped the code...no biggy!

What fixes the code 20? Now I have it. Removed intercooler, took off stock MAP and everythings dry. Is there a way to test it before I install again? Anybody with expirence with this code? Mike Knapp#17

Does your kit pressurize the stock barametric pressure sensor down low in front of the battery? Mine had water in that line and tripped the code 20. Its hard to get to that sensor without removing the air to air so I changed the location of it so I could get to it next time without a prob. then you have to clear the codes.

ken, no I don't pressurize that one at the CDI box. only the one at the fuel rail. My powderlites kit was the same way. I just discovered that MAP sensor at the CDI now as I was changing oil. I forgot about that one. I have a light bulb under both of them now to warm and possibly dry them, but it has not been to the field yet, only dyno. I'm trying to test them with an ohm meter with no success.

I got a code 20 on my apex would it do any damage to ride it or should i call someone to come pick me up

Back