• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code SD 30 After I Rolled Right Side

NafetS

Country
Norway
Snowmobile
21 Sidewinder M-Tx LE
Hey, :)

So today I rolled over on the right side, was almost a total flip, I pulled the cord so the engine shut about 3sec after roll/flip.
Turned sled upright, and took a smoke break (5min)
When I started the sled I had "SD 30" Alarm flashing at me (oil pressure reduction) , I took my friends dare and drove home as I was close by 500m ish.
The sled was behaving all normal driving home and no shutdowns, also idles fine.
I read that I can have an airlock? I have my sled tilted on the left side now and will se tomorrow if the code is gone.

Question 1: Does the code clear by itself when oil pressure gets right, or do I have to clear it myself and see if alarm code comes back after initial fix?
Question 2: Can someone show me the oil return line? I read somewhere here that I can unplug the return line to prime the pump.

I don't know much about stuff under the hood so I'm posting some pictures of the oil tank hoping someone can point out the return line so I can try that fix.
If I somehow didn't get the oil return line in the picture, feel free to post one if you have.
If nothing works I need to take my sled 370miles/600kilometers to nearest Yamaha/Cat service:o|

Edit: Sled Is Tuned, It displays "race" flags and word hurricane in dash left on startup dash right display turbo, I can choose 240/270/300 on top right button on dash, never ran the 300

Attachments

• Side4.jpg
    Side4.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

I am sorry, I can't help you with your answer, however if you check the mountain sled section you might find some answers. There is a guy selling a rov tether kit, it comes with a button that primes the oil system after a tether pull. Might not get your answer, but it might lead you to figuring out more about your sled.

Try and take the tank vent off and plug the top of the tank vent with your finger actually building a bit of pressure on the tank. This primes the pump. Don't do it for too long, just long enough for the warning to clear. I've never had it happen, but have heard you have to let it pressurize to prime the pump.

Try and take the tank vent off and plug the top of the tank vent with your finger actually building a bit of pressure on the tank. This primes the pump. Don't do it for too long, just long enough for the warning to clear. I've never had it happen, but have heard you have to let it pressurize to prime the pump.
Hey,

Thank you for the tip, I will try this tomorrow and let you know.
Is it this hose you mention? (circled in red)

Attachments

• Side4.jpg
    Side4.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 239
Hey,

Thank you for the tip, I will try this tomorrow and let you know.
Is it this hose you mention? (circled in red)

Yes thats it. Take the hose off and plug the tank with your thumb with it running, you will feel and hear the pressure build, but not too long because it will blow the tank seal if the pressure gets too high, see if the oil pressure light goes off.

Yes thats it. Take the hose off and plug the tank with your thumb with it running, you will feel and hear the pressure build, but not too long because it will blow the tank seal if the pressure gets too high, see if the oil pressure light goes off.
Tried this but didn't do anything to the code.
The oil pressure light never came/comes on while engine runs- its only on before I crank the engine over, when engine starts running the oil light turns off within 2 seconds.
We are now in the process of fitting an actual pressure gauge to see if it has any pressure.
So If I have oil pressure we will try to force a simple error code to show and se if that code goes away after we fix it.
Water temp should be easy to make throw a Code SD 21. Time will tell

Tried this but didn't do anything to the code.
The oil pressure light never came/comes on while engine runs- its only on before I crank the engine over, when engine starts running the oil light turns off within 2 seconds.
We are now in the process of fitting an actual pressure gauge to see if it has any pressure.
So If I have oil pressure we will try to force a simple error code to show and se if that code goes away after we fix it.
Water temp should be easy to make throw a Code SD 21. Time will tell

Use the Hurricane flasher to clear the check and clear the fault code.

Use the Hurricane flasher to clear the check and clear the fault code.
Thanks for this advice. I didn't know it was capable of also clearing ecu alarm codes. Like above, I rolled my sled on the right side. After uprighting and letting it sit for a few minutes, I too had it throw the Sd30 alarm code. I knew it was caused by the roll so I finished my ride and just read this thread about it this morning. Perfect advice. Alarm code is now cleared. Thanks again Knapp.

Thanks for this advice. I didn't know it was capable of also clearing ecu alarm codes. Like above, I rolled my sled on the right side. After uprighting and letting it sit for a few minutes, I too had it throw the Sd30 alarm code. I knew it was caused by the roll so I finished my ride and just read this thread about it this morning. Perfect advice. Alarm code is now cleared. Thanks again Knapp.

Glad to hear. Yes, another reason to own the Hurricane flasher. Reading and clearing codes.

What did you do to get rid of the code. We had both oil sensors changed. I tried with the flasher to erase it and no luck. Thanks

What did you do to get rid of the code. We had both oil sensors changed. I tried with the flasher to erase it and no luck. Thanks
My brother had a 2017 that always said low oil pressure, even after sensor change. The ecu was faulty

So I read in the manual the motor will shut down if low oil pressure is detected after a certain amount of time. It's around the oil change section of the cat service manual.

I always turn my motor over a few times with the kill switch off to flow the oil and then pull the switch up.

My brother had a 2017 that always said low oil pressure, even after sensor change. The ecu was faulty
Yes that’s what hurricane and my dealer said. Ecu’s are not in stock at the moment. Thanks

My code came after programming, ran a multi tune the season before but I guess it didn't like the updated flash. As mentioned in another thread ended up with another ECU and tune(s). Just be sure to ask before you have yours programmed what the policy is if that happens.....at least the ecu's are a lot cheaper now.

Back