• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cold air intake

ltxbill

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 yamaha sr viper ltx se 1998 srx 600
I know this has been talked about before, but i"m looking at putting a cold air intake on. There is excels, Schmidt bros. & Fix powersports. Don"t what start a pissing match, just want some opinions. Already have Stringrays mod, but air intake temps are around 80 degrees. Thanks.

I could not see or feel any difference other than intake temp between Stingray and Excell. But they both woke up mid range pull.

I know this has been talked about before, but i"m looking at putting a cold air intake on. There is excels, Schmidt bros. & Fix powersports. Don"t what start a pissing match, just want some opinions. Already have Stringrays mod, but air intake temps are around 80 degrees. Thanks.
The intake temps bother me a bit also and mine got worse when I installed a racewerx bumper, one quick splash in the powder packs snow between the bumper and the frogskin and raises temperatures 15-20* On a 20*f day I'm usually showing 80* and it will climb to 100* with the bumper packed with snow. The way the radiator is mounted about 1/3 the air flow through it is directed down to the airbox intake area, I've thought about blocking that off and seeing if it improves intake temps or causes overheating.

When I first did a air box mod I run a velocity stack with a turbo hose into bottom of air box where frog skin is located, Dropped intake temps down signifyingly,

ram tube.JPG

When I first did a air box mod I run a velocity stack with a turbo hose into bottom of air box where frog skin is located, Dropped intake temps down signifyingly,

View attachment 144870

Dam that’s sweet!
Where did you get those drop
Down front wheels?

What does the air intake kit do to the fuel mapping

Any advantage for a NA viper to plumb ram air from the opening below the radiator to the bottom of the air box?

Any advantage for a NA viper to plumb ram air from the opening below the radiator to the bottom of the air box?
Might be. Try it! I said it before though. I didn't see Afr changes at all from 30-50deg drop in intake temps so the mapping associated with temp must be pretty good. Sadly I also did not feel any power difference either. But logic would say there must be. Every little bit helps.

Rode my 7000 for the first time this weekend. Put about 400 miles on it. Intake temps went to low 90s if the frog skin was slightly blocked. Never really saw less then mid 80s.

Back