• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cold start low idle

Ridehard

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
apex
06 apex , owned since new, 9k miles, exhaust donuts good for did for the second time last year, runs very strong however this started last week... on cold start the rpms do not climb to 2k and just sputters at 1000 like a cylinder is not firing. After 60 seconds go by (if it does not stall) the sled starts to idle fine and levels up to 1500. rest of the day it is perfect. ONLY on a cold start does this happen. checked vacuum lines and replaced the plugs , checked exhaust donunts and flex pipes. Still no change. doing research not sure what to do next.. change CO values or pull the idle control valve and blow it out or try a new air box temp sender Any input would be very helpful. Love this sled but this is driving me crazy

When we see this in the automotive world, on high mileage vehicles which is way higher then your 9k, we use throttle body cleaner to wipe off the throttle plate and throttle bore. Then remove and clean the idle air control motor and passage.

My son's apex just had a problem idling or should I say wouldn't idle at all. Had to keep sled running with thumb on throttle and it was running very rich. I noticed the fuel line on his fuel pressure regulator was pressurized to the point it almost popped off even with the clamp on. I removed the return fitting from the top of the fuel tank and took it apart to take out the check valve that was stuck. Sled started and idles perfectly now.

was successful lowering the CO to -15 and the problem cleared up 90% I would say. Idle is a little low at 1050 or 1100 now when warm and will try to adjust up to 1250 1300. sled ran great all day. Thanks for your advise everyone. Appreciate it;)!

was successful lowering the CO to -15 and the problem cleared up 90% I would say. Idle is a little low at 1050 or 1100 now when warm and will try to adjust up to 1250 1300. sled ran great all day. Thanks for your advise everyone. Appreciate it;)!
Is this site not awesome, not mandatory but have you considered a VIP membership? We can keep this site going for years.

My son's apex just had a problem idling or should I say wouldn't idle at all. Had to keep sled running with thumb on throttle and it was running very rich. I noticed the fuel line on his fuel pressure regulator was pressurized to the point it almost popped off even with the clamp on. I removed the return fitting from the top of the fuel tank and took it apart to take out the check valve that was stuck. Sled started and idles perfectly now.
I had the same fuel pressure regulator failure on my 06, stuck closed and wouldn't actuate when applying a vacuum.

Back