• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cold starts

Viper34 said:
We are so secretive we don't even tell ourselves what we are working on :yam:
As a high level official of an equipment manufacturer, I can tell you there's more reality than joke in Viper34's statement.

Keeps me from having to kill them if and when they let the secret slip. :wink:

I know my brothers RxWarrior had a little trouble firing up in -40... But a quick battery jump and she fired, but had no gauges till she warmed up..

SledderSteve said:
As a high level official of an equipment manufacturer, I can tell you there's more reality than joke in Viper34's statement.

Keeps me from having to kill them if and when they let the secret slip. :wink:

OK spill the beans. Whats new for me in 2 years? I won’t tell anyone I promise. 8)

Dan

-35 in Togo Sask. I started mine up and it took off right away with full choke. Gradually took the choke off like you are supposed to do with any choke. I use Amsoil synthetic oil 0W40.

On these FI motors, just turn the key wait 3 seconds for fuel pressure to build up (you can hear the pump cycle if it is fairly quiet, no other sleds running) and it will start even in -30 degree weather I'll bet

Had installed an ATV in line block heater in RX-1 and Warrior. Did use it once and was ammazed that the warm-up temp light did not even come on. Have started at -40C. It was unnerving but it started. The valve train rattled and banged away until it settled down. I would expect the EFI to be an instant start due to forced fuel delivery. I will probably not spend the money on another block heater.

Hah! The only Eskimo women who smell like that are the old ones still living off the land. We have the same modern amenities as everyone south, so keep your darn stereotypes to yourselves.

Back