• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Complete Newbie Perspective

Here's were I place my feet while carving. This is a picture me starting a carve taken by Doc Zoom of Mountain Mod Mania. Sled is MPI Stage 1 super charged '03 RX-1mtn with 162" track and a bunch of other mods.

For sidehilling (sorry no pics), I usually do the same as a carve. I get both feet on one side of the sled and just pull it up on one ski and use the "counter steer" method to keep the side hill going. If I really want to hold the side hill for a long time; I'll "hang" my rear most foot out to get more leverage.

Jim

Attachments

• Long Lake.jpg
    Long Lake.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 87

Re: today ride

[/quote]

I've noticed that my hyfax are getting rather worn at only 230 miles. I have the marginal snow wheel kit that I need to install. I was waiting to see how it looked without it, but boy are they wearing down, and I have seriously been riding 90% powder. [/quote]

Scratchers aren't goimg to do anything in powder. If you're wearing while riding in powder, make sure you're track's not too tight.

On trails, or crusty morning snow, sliders can wear very rapidly...I've got rail mount scratches that work in most conditions but ski mount would feed the front of the sliders better.

Is the kit you have for mid skid or, at the front?

REXX
------------------------------------------------
'07 STOCK 312hp MCXWISECOYAMAHA Apex mtn SE turbo ;)! ;)!
Western Canada.

BlgsRX-1mtn said:
Here's were I place my feet while carving. This is a picture me starting a carve taken by Doc Zoom of Mountain Mod Mania. Sled is MPI Stage 1 super charged '03 RX-1mtn with 162" track and a bunch of other mods.

For sidehilling (sorry no pics), I usually do the same as a carve. I get both feet on one side of the sled and just pull it up on one ski and use the "counter steer" method to keep the side hill going. If I really want to hold the side hill for a long time; I'll "hang" my rear most foot out to get more leverage.

Jim

Did you take your sway bar out, or leave it in?

sway bar question

Good question, I too am at this stage....remove or not remove...HMMM. Everything I've read says most guys remove the swaybar on the RX-1 chassis and about half on the Apex...not sure why though...LOL. I worry about those harder snow days when your side hilling off camber without a swaybar....hmmm :o|

In general I have found it easier to side hill with out the sway bar out. It lets the skis work independent of each other makes the sled a lot more predictable. If you set your front suspenion on the soft side, you won't be fighting it when you are trying to pull the sled level.

The only time you will notice the sway bar not being there is on the trail. The sled will have more body roll. If you have Fox floats this can easily compensated for by in creasing your air pressure by about 25psi. If you have coil over shocks you could increase the spring preload. Kind of a pain to keep changeing the springs. Fox floats are a great way to go.

Best investment is a lefty throttle if you don't already have one. It makes life very easey.

Back