• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Composit Track opinions

Well after adding another 3000 or so km this winter it looks like I'm going to have to replace that talon next winter. I've got approx 8500km use out of it. Some of the lugs have some cracks started and some of the inside lugs have a lot of cords showing as well on each side. It does have great traction but the wear is not there. The stock ripsaw lasted approx 16500km. It sucks I can't get the ripsaw2 in the 144". I'll have to look at maybe a prestudded one next winter.
I put a ice attack on my xtx last months 3 rides in maybe 600 km looks like im gonna hafta replace. Outer rubber has riped off exposing 2 inches of the inside fabic

I put the Composit C38 - 1.5" lug on my Viper this season and have 3000 miles on it so far. At this point I'm really pleased with the track compared to the Cobra 1.6 which I put about 9000 miles on before replacing. The C38 lugs are much harder than the Cobra which translates into better traction for trail riding since the lugs don't fold over. So far I don't have any lugs torn or missing. Time will tell but as of now I would buy another one of these tracks.

DTJ. keep an eye on the inside lugs as well. mine had cords coming out of both sides of the lugs and cracks starting on my C35. couple of the outside lugs had cuts starting as well and that is after approx 8500km of use and i run studs. not sure what i'm going to go with for next winter. some don't like the cobra but i might just go with it since i've already got the studs and it's a 2 ply as well. i really don't like the ripsaw, i wish the ripsaw2 was available.

I'll be curious to see how this C38 holds up compared to the C35. If I remember right the C35 has softer lugs than the C38. Did you have any studs pull through on the C35? And did you use regular size studs or the ones with a larger base like a power point plus?

i ran regular studs, 1.45" with taller nuts since its a 2 ply with no issues. i did a 4-2-4 etc pattern with the 4 studs being doubles. i liked the way the track performed for sure, much better then the original ripsaw but it didn't last as long. ya the lugs are a bit softer but it's the inside lugs that got me, never seen that on a track before. just the outside rows were like that, the inner ones to the center of the track were fine.

So you are talking the nubs inside the track that come in contact with the driver?

Well after adding another 3000 or so km this winter it looks like I'm going to have to replace that talon next winter. I've got approx 8500km use out of it. Some of the lugs have some cracks started and some of the inside lugs have a lot of cords showing as well on each side. It does have great traction but the wear is not there. The stock ripsaw lasted approx 16500km. It sucks I can't get the ripsaw2 in the 144". I'll have to look at maybe a prestudded one next winter.
I put a ice attack on my xtx last months 3 rides in maybe 600 km looks like im gonna hafta replace. Outer rubber has riped off exposing 2 inches of the inside fabic

Have you been in contact with Camso about warranty? It should be 1 year on a pre-studded track.

I did email them. Ill hafta call then.altho i dont knonif they will cover in cuz i studed it too

JMO but i wouldn't buy a 1 ply for these sleds but that's me. way to thin of a track with the torque these have. i know a lot of guys run them without issues but....

Does anyone have a pic of the c35 on the apex. Was the holeshot considerable better. I will also be running 172 triggers

Back