• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Compression

blackGt

Veteran
Has anyone done a cranking compression test on their machines? And what results. Dyno'd my machine and found it down on power. Did a comp. test and the results were not what factory specs. should be.

Hmmmmmm. That sound very good to me...... What's its say from the factory??? I would think anything higher would need high test gas. ;)! MM.

170 sounds awsome to me..

did you add a few drops of oil to the cylinders before testing?? this would raise your compression numbers if the rings are worn..

What did your sled dyno out at.. ?

there could be alot of variations between dynos and the conditions programed in the it when used..

Hell i bet alot of our sleds wouldnt dyno out at 150hp or 145 for that matter

Mine reads 180 across the board, cold engine throttle wide open. It actually reads the same wether the throttle is open or shut?? There is also variances between gauges so keep that in mind as well. I use an actron gauge which I think is good for a backyard mechanic but my sled has 3500 miles and does not consume more than 4-5oz of oil in 2000 miles, if that even. You should perform a leak down test on the engine though if your curious, this is far more effective in judging the health of your engine.

justinator said:
Mine reads 180 across the board, cold engine throttle wide open. It actually reads the same wether the throttle is open or shut?? There is also variances between gauges so keep that in mind as well. I use an actron gauge which I think is good for a backyard mechanic but my sled has 3500 miles and does not consume more than 4-5oz of oil in 2000 miles, if that even. You should perform a leak down test on the engine though if your curious, this is far more effective in judging the health of your engine.

4-5 oz per 2000 miles seems a little high for an Apex.

With mine, after 2000 miles the oil level is exactly on the full line - right where it was after I changed the oil Mine has over 5000 miles on it.

The guys I ride with all claim they don't use a drop of oil in their Apex's also.

Back