• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Confirming Oil Filter Fitment

CoolMike90

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Apex GT
Hey Folks,

First-year changing my 07 Apex oil since I got her last year. I read through all the thread about oil and oil filters and decided to go with FS Amsoil 0W-40 and either a Purolator PureOne (PL14612)or Mobile 1 Filter (M1-110) (or Wix if I can find one)

I just wanted to see if anyone can confirm the fitment of the Purolator because I am reading they changed the design and most of the threads are older (2012 and prior).

Appreciate it.

Mike

Sorry can't comment on the Purolator filter as I have been using Napa Gold which is a Wix filter. The part number for the Wix filter is 51358 and the part number for the Napa Gold is 1358.

I've been using Napa Gold filters since I purchased the RX-1 back on 03 and still use them on my 08 and 18 Apex.

Sorry can't comment on the Purolator filter as I have been using Napa Gold which is a Wix filter. The part number for the Wix filter is 51358 and the part number for the Napa Gold is 1358.

I've been using Napa Gold filters since I purchased the RX-1 back on 03 and still use them on my 08 and 18 Apex.

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the reply. I saw a ton of people also like the WIX filters as well. I will go with your recommendation since I can get it off Amazon before the weekend. I just need to figure out how to quickly procure the oil.

Hey Folks,

First-year changing my 07 Apex oil since I got her last year. I read through all the thread about oil and oil filters and decided to go with FS Amsoil 0W-40 and either a Purolator PureOne (PL14612)or Mobile 1 Filter (M1-110) (or Wix if I can find one)

I just wanted to see if anyone can confirm the fitment of the Purolator because I am reading they changed the design and most of the threads are older (2012 and prior).

Appreciate it.

Mike
Around here only place I can find WIX filters is Oreilly auto parts

Rock auto has the best price on wix usually. Look up fram 6017a and cross it

Believe it or not but the Super Tech filter from Walmart is also made from Wix and costs about 3 bucks.

Wow I had no idea. Thanks, guys!

I went with K&N this time around as I was in a bind to grab a filter and missed the post on the SuperTech but I am bookmarking this for myself.

Tip for anyone who never has done this - Once you finally get to the filter, more than likely you'll need some sort of filter removal tool as bare handing this as I would on any of my cars is kinda hard because of the location.

I also used 0W-40 Mobile 1 which went well, the oil wasn't super dirty since I only rode about 500 miles last year and I believe the previous owner had already changed it when I bought it last Oct.

I changed my chaincase oil with Mobile 1 75-90. Most people say they use 8oz but mine seemed to take more like 9+ and I still think it's low but I gotta check again.

Also swapped my Solenoid while in there as it was being sketchy.

Onto flap replacement+Hardwire for GPS and checking other things. The season starts less than a month!

Ride safe,

Mike

The correct Purolator filter for all years Apex is ML 16817

And the shorter alternative is ML 16819

Back