• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CONFUSED

I
Yamahnator said:
jtssrx said:
RobWarrior said:
I see a ton of ProCross sleds on the trail and not one being towed? Can't be too bad? I'll take a couple visits to the service department to not have to tear my sled down, send out shocks and pay to have them valved the way they should have come in the first place. I'm not getting any younger and wrenching on sleds is getting old...at least they will be doing the work.

Did you own one? I did it was a piece of sht.

I can't believe how willing so are to ignore two years of documented history of the procross being a piece of garbage.

Well you had a bad experience with one we get that. Not everyone did though and some love the chassis.

I want to say some many things I'm done. If you guys want to ignore what we are saying have at it. I have nothing to gain by sayin this stuff

Also I hope he viper is awesome. Yamaha's reputation is at stake

Koolaide

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 84
Die head Cat guy here in Sudbury that has an Apex XTX as "a back up Sled" for when the kitty goes down...thats gotto tell you something about quality!!

jtssrx said:
I
Yamahnator said:
jtssrx said:
RobWarrior said:
I see a ton of ProCross sleds on the trail and not one being towed? Can't be too bad? I'll take a couple visits to the service department to not have to tear my sled down, send out shocks and pay to have them valved the way they should have come in the first place. I'm not getting any younger and wrenching on sleds is getting old...at least they will be doing the work.

I can't believe how willing so are to ignore two years of documented history of the procross being a piece of garbage.

Well you had a bad experience with one we get that. Not everyone did though and some love the chassis.

I want to say some many things I'm done. If you guys want to ignore what we are saying have at it. I have nothing to gain by sayin this stuff

Oh is it? I guess I'm a coolaid drinker? Which coolaid am I drinking exactly lol

I'll be the first to jump on the rage wagon if this chassis doesn't work out. I expect it will. I bought two 07 Phazers and one grenaded the chaincase. Out for the season. I could have been the same as you. But on the whole Yamaha puts out a far more solid product than others. I highly doubt they are going to release this without making sure their name is intact. That's what they do.

Yamahnator said:
jtssrx said:
I
Yamahnator said:
jtssrx said:
RobWarrior said:

Oh is it? I guess I'm a coolaid drinker? Which coolaid am I drinking exactly lol

I'll be the first to jump on the rage wagon if this chassis doesn't work out. I expect it will. I bought two 07 Phazers and one grenaded the chaincase. Out for the season. I could have been the same as you. But on the whole Yamaha puts out a far more solid product than others. I highly doubt they are going to release this without making sure their name is intact. That's what they do.

Not getting this "coolaid" thing!

I think overall the partnership will improve both, without a doubt Cat can learn a thing or two about drivelines and QDR. With that, Yam can learn a thing or two about suspensions and steering design.

Has Cat dropped the ball on the ProCross chassis, probably, I think they have something really nice and are in need of refining it and truly fixing the issues. I have only been on a 2012 XF800 so reverse and chain case was not a concern as the 800 has RER, however that was truly a fun sled to rip around on. Unbelievable off trail manners and for a sled with an off-trail skid, it handled the trail junk better than my Nytro SE did stock, pretty sad when you think about it. The XF actually made me think about giving up trail riding and getting into off trail stuff.

Provided YamCat Co, resolves the issues Cat has had with the belts and reverse chaincase and Yam doesn't completely ruin the shock calibrations, I think many will be extremely happy with the Viper be it short track or long. I think many will be posting that this is the sled they've been waiting for. Hopefully Yamaha learns from it and tries to maintain the key positive elements of the ProCross chassis.

Guess I'm rolling the dice and gambling that Yamaha quality control will make a very good sled with some issues the sled it should have been? It wouldn't be the first time a Mfg was know for poor quality and someone stepped in an turned them around....I know some ford/chevy guys will jump all over me for this but remember Lee Iacocca? Maybe Yamaha will inject into Cat what they have been lacking? I'm either going to own the sled that put Yamaha back in the ride and handling game or maybe in it for the first time in the "rider forward era" or the biggest mistake 2 mfg's made in snowmobiling. I'm ok with it...you can say I told you so!

I love how people all just bash Arctic Cat on here. Do you really think that Yamaha doesn't have their problems? Just that a look in the other forums on here There are pages & pages in the Apex section. The same in the Vector section. So & so on. I bought an 05 Vector brand new & it over heated in the 1st 50 miles, + my track wasn't even aligned right & melted off the hifax! Honestly, it was melted all over the track clips! Just think how I felt right then about all this Yamaha quality that I kept hearing about. I brought it back to the dealer & they found a Big air pocket in the cooling system & aligned the track + put on a new set of hi fax, free of course, but it sure made me think at the time that I should't have gotten rid of my perfectly good Arctic Cat, which by the way I NEVER had a problem with. Moral of the story is.... Just give this a chance. if you don't like it, than by one of the other Yamaha's. This is only 1 model on 1 of the best chassis out there, which if you read all the mags, is better than Yamaha's chassis. I myself, would love a great engine in a great chassis, rather than a great engine in a sub par chassis.

Mighty- You might be right on that, but what about all the other problems that are listed in all the seperate model forums on here? I'm just saying that Yamaha hasen't built anything yet that doesn't breakdown also, or have it's quirks. Lets just give them a chance. Arctic Cat has been getting better reviews every year. With Yamaha in the mix now, I think that both companies will ony benifit.

I have been on Yamaha since the original RX1 and have lost count of how many I've had since then and have yet to even blow a belt. Worst problem I've ever had was a bogie wheel that peeled the rubber on a 2006 attak. I'm setting in my shop as I type this looking over my 05 warrior and 12 apex just marveling over the fit and finish of these beasts. Lubing the rear skids, steering etc. I haven't found anything with the exception of a missing bolt on the short snow flap I put on the warrior. My fault, not Yamaha's lol. I spent last weekend with a group of doo riders and spent more time waiting for them to work on little things while I waited to ride. I kinda miss working on sleds on the trail lol

That's where we're the same, but on different brands. Don't get me wrong. I loved my RX-1 & my Vector, but I, myself never blew a belt on my Arctic Cats. My Vector I did, as well as had those bearings freeze up on the idler wheels which I had to replace. From "My" experience, I wouldn't have any harder of a time spending money on an AC as & would on a Yamaha except that I would have to buy a new jacket! lol

Twice this year while snowmobiling with 2 different AC sno pro sleds, they failed to make it back due to the rear idler wheel bearings breaking down One was a 2012 F1100 Turbo sno pro, earlier this month, and the other was just yesterday, a 2012 F800 son pro with the same problem. I don't know why so many sleds now come with only 2 Idler wheels on the back axle. Puts more pressure on each bearing, and if 1 wheel goes you are not riding it back. At least with 3 or 4 wheels back there you can make it back if 1 of them goes. Just something else to be concerned about on the new Yamacat Viper.

Back