• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Constant skid issues

corndogg

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Vk
06 vkII Just replaced the rear shock linkage arm as it snapped on me then couple rides later the rear pivot snapped an bent up ripping my track in half an wedging throwing me over the bars. Pretty fed up with this sled. I think allot of it is due to the ridiculous exhaust design causing ice build up. Can I put a track an skid off of a 16 on my 06? Expedition is being ordered this week an the vk will be the backup.

06 and 07 had the same h frames as the vk 540 which weighs close to 150lbs less which causes them to break. There was a update kit which contained everything to install heavier frames and cross shafts, but the front and rear was separate kits. Had a 06 and did the update, up until I sold the sled with 20,000 Klm’s no issues always carried big loads on the sled with front rack installed also. Yamaha does sell a exhaust reroute kit to get the exhaust out of the tunnel! Cheers!

06 and 07 had the same h frames as the vk 540 which weighs close to 150lbs less which causes them to break. There was a update kit which contained everything to install heavier frames and cross shafts, but the front and rear was separate kits. Had a 06 and did the update, up until I sold the sled with 20,000 Klm’s no issues always carried big loads on the sled with front rack installed also. Yamaha does sell a exhaust reroute kit to get the exhaust out of the tunnel! Cheers!

You have part numbers or a picture of the reinforcements on the updated ones? Sounds like a good welder could replicate the gussets without buying the whole assembly. Just thinking out loud lol.

I would really like to get these parts as well. I built my own from measuring the old one but built it exactly the same. Now this bugs me every ride. I run a Sidewinder alone but need thus sled to go with my wife so it needs to be reliable.

Thanks

Talk to a well established yamaha dealer , I believe it was either a service bulletin or a dealer tech tip , they should be able pull it up and provide you with the proper parts, the front pivot was the most expensive and involved more work to replace.

Google yamaha p/n 99999-03796-00-00 pivot set on eBay shows the whole kit for the front!

Back