• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cool clutches

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Got out this morning to test out my sled with the new clutches..
When installing I was meticulous with the whole driveline/bearing installing and clutch alignment.
All driveline bearing where installed using thermal expansion and slide right in without mechanical force
The alignment was on the high side of spec so I took advantage and honed the secondary shaft for a perfect fit (no shims)

Nice low Temps after 5 wot runs
20211210_101451.jpg
20211210_101508.jpg

Primary was a little warmer, probably from the radiant heat from the motor.
20211210_103631.jpg
20211210_103639.jpg

When installing I was meticulous with the whole driveline/bearing installing and clutch alignment.
All driveline bearing where installed using thermal expansion and slide right in without mechanical force
The alignment was on the high side of spec so I took advantage and honed the secondary shaft for a perfect fit (no shims)

Nice low Temps after 5 wot runsView attachment 164188View attachment 164189

Primary was a little warmer, probably from the radiant heat from the motor.View attachment 164190View attachment 164191
Looks good what kind of offset are you using with the stm secondary.

Nice low Temps after 5 wot runsView attachment 164188View attachment 164189

Primary was a little warmer, probably from the radiant heat from the motor.View attachment 164190View attachment 164191
What are you doing to keep your clutches so clean?

Hahaha.. going to have to be very sneaky for the next little while.. new dishwasher:p
I was warned...hahah
Hook the old one up in the garage? Now that would be sweet!. Your own personal clutch cleaner.
Kind of like those bowling ball washers that u seen back in the 80/90's?
1639164248933.png

Hook the old one up in the garage? Now that would be sweet!. Your own personal clutch cleaner.
Kind of like those bowling ball washers that u seen back in the 80/90's?
View attachment 164197
Old dishwasher is like a Polaris didn't run half the time and when it did it ran like #*$&@....haha jk

Old dishwasher is like a Polaris didn't run half the time and when it did it ran like #*$&@....haha jk
heck the new dishwasher we have is like that and i already got the "look" when i mentioned clutch cleaning using a dishwasher.

heck the new dishwasher we have is like that and i already got the "look" when i mentioned clutch cleaning using a dishwasher.
Hahaha!! They are all junk! My wife blames me cleaning clutches in it but I blame CHina cheap junk parts..haha
Appliances are not at all like they use to be.

Hahaha!! They are all junk! My wife blames me cleaning clutches in it but I blame CHina cheap junk parts..haha
Appliances are not at all like they use to be.
your damn right. the 1998 kenmore i replaced last year with a bosh did a better job cleaning the dishes. wish it had not done the fountain leak and split the pump.

your damn right. the 1998 kenmore i replaced last year with a bosh did a better job cleaning the dishes. wish it had not done the fountain leak and split the pump.
Yep I know the exact one..haha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211213-225554_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20211213-225554_Google.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 74
Yep I know the exact one..haha
lol nope, that was the one it replaced in 98 as the previous one blew the entire pump and gear train. could hear it grinding in garage with all doors closed.

Back