• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Coolant leak

JROCK

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex GT
Has anyone had a coolant leak from the two pipes that go into the top of the cylinder head? At the end of the season i noticed a pool of coolant there at the one closest to the front of the engine (timing chain side). My buddy also mentioned he had the same problem both sleds with about 10,000km. Is it just the seal that has to be replaced or has the pipe cracked?

Thanks
Justin

if you remove the allen head bolt the pipe will lift up out of the head. it has an "o" ring on it, and might need replacing. i doubt that the pipe is cracked, but check it when you remove it.

Are those allen head bolts stubborn to get out or should i heat them up before i take them out? Ill change both o rings at the same time! thanks grader

Will do!! Did you have a leak on your sled? Did you have a leak at that o-ring? Havent really seen anyone else post with this problem.

I'll jump in here, I just picked up an 04 RX1 and discovered that same issue AFTER I got home. I assumed it was an o-ring. I'll let you know after I tear into it

I'll jump in here, I just picked up an 04 RX1 and discovered that same issue AFTER I got home. I assumed it was an o-ring. I'll let you know after I tear into it
Know its been a while but same thing happened to me, was it the o ring?

It was the o rings - replaced with new ones I had from a kit I bought at Harbor Freight.

Ok hopefuly its my issue to, im also concered with the colour, the coolant is a rusty brown colour, not dex stuff. will be flushing with new stuff and hopefully it doesnt turn that color again.

Back