• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Coolant temps in good snow 2022 sleds.

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2024 Catalyst RXC

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
What are you guys seeing for coolant temps on your 2022 sleds? Mine is running 168 very consistently.
My 2017 would run 170-172 mostly.. Wondering if anyone is noticing lower temps on the 2022?
Not sure why this one(22) is running 3-4 degrees cooler but it is noticeably lower on temps.
Also for some reason this one acts differently in that it stays at 168 almost all the time.. Maybe the coolant is different or was put in properly with zero air? Not sure but its way different. I even drained and refilled my 2017 and it acted the same as before 170-172.

Last edited:

My 2020 is 168 is good cold, fresh snow. Even on a short distance on a road, it only gets to 172 or pushing it real hard, it does the same.

My 2018 RTX always runs 165-168.
Funny you say 165 as I dropped my scratchers one day for a few miles just to see what it would do, as it was on harder pack early AM..
Dropped to 165 .. Never saw temps like this on my 2017, something must have been off slightly

My 22 XTX sits at 168 until you start pushing it hard then it runs at 172-174. The same as my 17 ltx does

My '22 LTX SE has been running 168-170 consistently on fresh snow or groomed. Actually surprised me after coming from a '15 Viper where the temps constantly changed with snow conditions.

My '19 usually is at 168 good snow. Once push it hard on longer pulls on lake or fast trails it's usually 170

My 22 ST-X with 1000kms runs at around 75c/167f without scratchers, and around 67c/153f with scratchers down (wire/spring style).

LTX le runs 168-174 reguardless of snow conditions. Was very surprised as Ive read about how these tend to overheat but no problems here.

My '21 runs 168-172 depending on how I'm riding it. Conditions do not seem to have much of an effect either direction. I will see an occasional 174 with an extended idle. I may try and see how hot it gets idling after a ride. I think it will take a while to get "hot". This is all without the scratchers down. I did have to bleed mine when new.

Well starting to think I got a good one as far as coolant goes and bubbles.. I was starting to think they changed something for 2022 as mine is just perfect as far as temps even on hard pack its decent.. Maybe they had a person on the coolant fill station that takes pride in his work ? Hat off to you Cat employee you got mine right!! :D

Well starting to think I got a good one as far as coolant goes and bubbles.. I was starting to think they changed something for 2022 as mine is just perfect as far as temps even on hard pack its decent.. Maybe they had a person on the coolant fill station that takes pride in his work ? Hat off to you Cat employee you got mine right!! :D
My father toured the factory and said that they draw the coolant up through the bottom. They probably figured that out some time after the 2017 run

My father toured the factory and said that they draw the coolant up through the bottom. They probably figured that out some time after the 2017 run
Well they must have because this thing is WAY less sensitive.. Progress! Now work on the driveline?

Back