• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cooling fan question

APEXMAN

Extreme
Hi all yamadudes my question is i was riding on the weekend and my temp light came on a couple of times and i looked down to see if the fan was on and it wasnt so i need to no what trigers it to come on .. i checked the fuse checked the relay checked the fan itself not sure what else to do .. just wanna make sure this fan is working like it suppose to ( does it like have to get super hot before it kics on or what )

APEXMAN said:
Hi all yamadudes my question is i was riding on the weekend and my temp light came on a couple of times and i looked down to see if the fan was on and it wasnt so i need to no what trigers it to come on .. i checked the fuse checked the relay checked the fan itself not sure what else to do .. just wanna make sure this fan is working like it suppose to ( does it like have to get super hot before it kics on or what )
i almost fprgot its an 06 apex er with an rear cooler installed .

cooling fan

so i guess what iam asking is that when the temp light comes on should the fan also come on at the same time ........... or a little after or before .

I believe I have read somewhere in the service manual that the fan kicks in around 190 to 195 F and the temperature light comes on around 210 F.

I have heard there is a diagnostic check you can do with the gauge to make the fan come on. Any one know how this is done?

I don't think mine is coming on either.

Sap

well guys i had the same problem,, like i said HAD i just wired in the fan on ignition, and i havent seen the light since,,,when the light comes on its to late,, your hot,,

it is not too late it only reach 100cel. so put some snow on the foot board and keep going...but the fan should be working already.hook up a light to it to see if you get 12 volt and ground...

PM Iceback he does the diagnostic codes on his all the time. Also PM ski-bum.

Out riding today, my fan was running almost all the time.

The temperature light never came on at all.

The rad fan should work like it does in a car - turning on when required and well before the engine overheats or the temp light turns on.

The cooling system is one thing I really like about these Yamahas (along with the rest of the drivetrain). The REV-XPs were seeing their temp lights today...

Back