• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Crossing Lake Pepin

IA Rider

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Ski Doo Enduro 1200
Can I cross Lake Pepin? I may be saddle bagging it from Iowa to Wisconsin next week and need info on where to cross from Minn to Wis. Any info is appreciated.

You can cross at lake city, mn but for sure stop in and ask a local either at watermans or somewhere else that knows where its safe. We did it once but I was nervous as heck!

Thanks for the info. Saddle bagging from home on the 18th. Not sure where we will be going half the crew has to be back home on the 19th and the other on the 21st so making it to Cable won't happen this trip. If spring holds off and if I can find someone to go along that can get away for hole week I may try on the 3rd of march.

Will be in LaCrosse Saturday.

Iowa - MN up to plainfield, but never MN-WI.

Backpack trip sounds like alot of fun.

Backpacking is great. 5000 miles this year and the only time my sled was on the trailer was bringing it home when I bought it. 4 of us left home on the 18th 2 had to be home that night the other 2 of us spent the first night in Calidonia second in Zumbroda and the last night in Waseca. We started out with no destination and in the afternoons started thinking abought wear we would spend the night. I can remember trips up north renting a place for several days and ending up sometimes 150 miles away at suppertime and having to ride all the way back to the cabin on moguls. When back packing you just ride until you feel like stopping and spend the night where you end up.

Back