• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve Industries Mid West Sales Rep

yamaha1

Lifetime Member
Hey there TY'ers

I just wanted to take the time to say Hi and introduce myself. My name is Nathan Sobolik. (yamaha1 on TY) I have met several of you already and been on TY rides with some as well, but I wanted to introduce myself to the rest of you and any new comers.

I work for Curve Industries as the Mid West Sales Representative located in the Minneapolis area. I work during the day as an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer in Bloomington MN. In the evenings and weekends I work to promote Curve Industries, snowmobile dealers and the snowmobiling industry as a whole.

I am originally from eastern North Dakota and graduated from the University of North Dakota with a Mechanical Engineering degree. I grew up riding snowmobiles at a young age and have a passion for the sport and a drive to help move this sport forward and provide everyone with insight to the newest technology and first class customer support.

I look forward working with all of you and helping you with any questions you have and the opportunity to explain our products.

If you ever have any comments, questions, want to talk shop or just introduce yourself do not hesitate to send an email or call. I love to talk to people about snowmobiling and meeting new people that are passionate about the sport.

Think snow and we will see you out on the trails.

Nathan Sobolik
Mid West Direct & Dealer Sales
Curve Industries

http://www.curveindustries.com
http://www.goproschools.com

Glad you asked ;)!

The design of the Curve XS ski has the patented variable geometry technology. What that means is that design of the ski changes all the way along the ski to work the snow and provide different performance aspects in different areas of the ski.

The tip of the ski is the widest point of the ski at 7 1/4" and is the intake profile of the ski. This area of the ski takes snow in grabs it and pulls the snow into the ski. Then the ski's geometry necks down and forms the snow into compressed rails of snow on each side of the keel. This is done ahead of the spindle mount (narrowest part of the ski). So you are now riding on compressed rails of snow before that snow gets to your spindle, which is what gives you the most predictable and accurate handling characteristics. When you go into a corner on the trail the ski does not need to force itself into the trail to bite or push in the corner to build up snow before turning. You are already riding on the rails of formed snow. So when you initiate the corner the ski is able to smoothly transition you into, through and out of the corner.

The rear of the ski profile is the ejection profile which allows for the compressed snow to leave the profile with less resistance. It also fans the snow out and some of that snow spray is directed into the front of the skid frame and provides for cooling and lubrication for your hyfax.

Due to how the design of the ski works with forming the snow into it's profile and riding on those rails of snow, when riding in deep powder the ski tip want to walk themselves up on top of the snow naturally. When you stop in the deep powder the ski naturally wants to stop in a neutral or slightly tips up position.

All of the design aspects of the ski were designed to work together from the x-beam cross member mounting structure, to the ski loop interlock.

Also, everything we offer is made in the USA from our T-shirts to hats to hardware.

Make sure to check out our website as well. You can read about the company and how Curve Industries was started, read the press reviews and articles about our products and check out our sled wrap graphics kits as well in the "store" area.

Nathan Sobolik
Curve Industries

Hey there TY'ers

I just wanted to take the time to say Hi and introduce myself. My name is Nathan Sobolik. (yamaha1 on TY) I have met several of you already and been on TY rides with some as well, but I wanted to introduce myself to the rest of you and any new comers.

I work for Curve Industries as the Mid West Sales Representative located in the Minneapolis area. I work during the day as an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer in Bloomington MN. In the evenings and weekends I work to promote Curve Industries, snowmobile dealers and the snowmobiling industry as a whole.

I am originally from eastern North Dakota and graduated from the University of North Dakota with a Mechanical Engineering degree. I grew up riding snowmobiles at a young age and have a passion for the sport and a drive to help move this sport forward and provide everyone with insight to the newest technology and first class customer support.

I look forward working with all of you and helping you with any questions you have and the opportunity to explain our products.

If you ever have any comments, questions, want to talk shop or just introduce yourself do not hesitate to send an email or call. I love to talk to people about snowmobiling and meeting new people that are passionate about the sport.

Think snow and we will see you out on the trails.

Nathan Sobolik
Curve Industries

Nathan,my name is Jeff Thomas, Name on TY is duffer. Upon seeing some post on this site I would like to talk to you further on getting a set of curves and getting your feedback on what I own now versus curves. I ride a 2014 viper ltx with a set of SLP mohawks with six inch carbides.looking forward to your feedback. thanks much Jeff Thomas. jeffavthomas@Hotmail.com 612-810-2329.

Hi Nathen thanks for the great explanation on Curves I'm a dealer in Crete IL but I have been dealing with Rick. My shop is Crete service center recently changed to CSC Powersports.

Hey guys,

Good to hear from you.

Jeff, I will send you an email with some info.

Rob,

We are glad you have you aboard as a dealer! Rick is located in NY at the main Curve shop so he is a great contact to find out what we have on hand and place direct orders. However, if you have any other questions or can't reach Rick don't hesitate to give me a call or shoot me an email. Hope the season is going well for you.

Hey guys,

Good to hear from you.

Rob,

We are glad you have you aboard as a dealer! Rick is located in NY at the main Curve shop so he is a great contact to find out what we have on hand and place direct orders. However, if you have any other questions or can't reach Rick don't hesitate to give me a call or shoot me an email. Hope the season is going well for you.[/QUOT
Hey guys,

Good to hear from you.

Rob,

We are glad you have you aboard as a dealer! Rick is located in NY at the main Curve shop so he is a great contact to find out what we have on hand and place direct orders. However, if you have any other questions or can't reach Rick don't hesitate to give me a call or shoot me an email. Hope the season is going well for you.
Hey guys,

Good to hear from you.

Rob,

Hey guys,

Good to hear from you.

Rob,

Hi Nathan,
I'd like to talk with you about some Curve skis for my 2015 Viper when you get a chance.

Hi Nathan,
I'd like to talk to you about some Curve skis for my 2015 Viper, when you get a chance.

Sr540,

What would you like to know?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Basically pricing,(Spring specials?), availability, shipping. I see you're in Shakopee- do you ship from there? I could drive to that location.
Thanks Nathan.

I don't personally carry inventory. Everything is shipped from Curve Industries in New York. I don't belive anything is on back order at the moment, but I would have to check.

We don't typically do any pricing specials because that would be under cutting our dealers that are set up with us. The most we do in the summer is free shipping. If you are in the minneapolis area Waldoch Sports, Bikeman Performance and Northway Powersports are all dealers that might have inventory or they can set you up. Otherwise, you can order online as well.

We support the snowmobile and Curve Industry dealer network. Those are the guys that live by the industry and are in it every day, so we support them and don't do any direct sales specials. This would undercut the people we are trying to work with and support.

I work mainly with those dealers to get them setup with Curve and answer questions when needed. I also work direct with all of you guys to answer questions and help all of you get your sleds setup to the level you are looking for. I'm always happy to talk sleds and answer questions, but as far as sales I'll always defer people to their dealers. If you don't have a local dealer that is setup with Curve let them know about us and I can work with them to get setup as a dealer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks Nathan!

Hi Nathan,
Can I get pricing on a set of trail(XS?) skis, black, no carbide, for my 2015 Viper? Also, do I need mounting hardware or can I use whats on the sled? Shipping costs, if any, to Eagan, MN. robshull32@gmail.com

Hello Nathan, my name's Matthew I just bought a set of Curve XS ski's and want to know the future of getting some colored loop's before I try to plasti dip mine?

Back