• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CURVE OR SLP MOHAWKS

hognit09

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 viper ltx le,2016 viper ltx dx
Was planning on doing new skis after the carbides were worn on my tuners, but noticed there is chunks missing from carbides and probably not gonna wait that long. so which ones would you go with and why, not concerned about the price cause its not that much different

I can't give you a "head to head" comparison of the two because I have never run the Curves. Both my grandson and I have had the Mohawks with Bergstrom triple points on our Viper XTX's for about 3,000 miles, and we love them. They have great flotation off trail, and our sleds absolutely rail around corners with no push on trail. We shimmed them as recommended by Bergstrom, and while there is some darting, it is minimal. That having been said, if you don't need a cross-over or off trail ski, you might want to think about the Arctic Cat skis with Snow Trackers, or one of the other dual carbides. With the Snow Trackers, there is no push, no darting, and it feels like power steering. The Trackers are a little pricey, but the skis are inexpensive, and the whole thing should be cheaper than the Mohawks or Curves with new carbides.

I also recommend Mohawks with Bergstorm triple points. Very easy steering, track straight and very little darting. I think they are a perfect trail ski and are also awesome off trial. I first tried them with a 6" round bar but was not impressed(very hard steering and they darted badly) until I put on the triple points and now they are amazing.

I also recommend Mohawks with Bergstorm triple points. Very easy steering, track straight and very little darting. I think they are a perfect trail ski and are also awesome off trial. I first tried them with a 6" round bar but was not impressed(very hard steering and they darted badly) until I put on the triple points an

What length Bergstrom Triple points are you running on the LTX? 4,6, or 8"?

Sorry dumb question you have it in your Sig.

Last edited:
I use the 8”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Since about 1500 miles or so, I’ve been running curve skis, modified the ski to accept a set of snow trackers which Travis at BOB helped with( semi aggressive), Scott Bergstrom shims in the rear saddle,and a set of Rouski retractable ski wheels which Travis custom fitted for me( I was the one who commissioned him to do the first set).

You guys might think that is a crazy set up but it flat out works.
1- handles on rails when needed
2- Those ski’s float in the poweder.

The only issue for me with the curves is they dont have colored loops, were the mohawks you choose the loop color. the only color i kinda like is the white skis for the curves, but thinking they might look crappy after a few seasons being that the white will show everything. does the white hold up very well ?

Curves with slim jims handle on rails in trails. Excellent upgrade from stock ski.
By slim jims you mean dual runner carbides, hows the steering effort.

Well ended up doing the curves with there 4 " carbide. WOW were those a pain in the #*$&@ to install, dont know if its that new rubber or what. took me almost 2 hours to get holes aligned on spindles

Best way to get the skis on is to put the rubbers in hot water to soften them up and install by using the weight of the sled to your advantage, works every time to align bolt holes.

Also, sitting a 2x4 under one side of ski while dropping sled weight down will line them up right away. if you use a chain hoist you can dial it in to the 16th to make it easy breezy! I have curves with the 4" leading edge and love them. I found they pushed though in corners until I softened my back suspension a bit and tightened up 1 hole on my strap. Now they ride amazing!

I did end up using a board to get the bolt started, and removing board and putting board under other side of ski to finish installing bolt.ended up using the stock hardware instead of the hardware that came with it. like having the cotter pin in there

Back