• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve ski question

stevewithOCD

Yamaha, Make me Come Back
Country
USA
Snowmobile
900 R
2006 Apex RTX
I saw here somewhere that the rubber that comes with ski doesn't fit. I got mine on, but ski hardly moves. Will this loosen up or just go with stock rubber?

I saw here somewhere that the rubber that comes with ski doesn't fit. I got mine on, but ski hardly moves. Will this loosen up or just go with stock rubber?

Make sure you get XS30611 mount kit. I just installed my set over the weekend and it went together very easy. Supposedly this mount kit replaces XS3021...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got xs30621. I ordered for Sidewinder, so they need to fix numbers on line. I'll see if i can get correct part over-night

Make sure you get XS30611 mount kit. I just installed my set over the weekend and it went together very easy. Supposedly this mount kit replaces XS3021...

Well I just put a set on my sled, dealer called to make sure he got me the correct mounting kit after I told him about my research concerning the right kit, thanks to this forum. I received xs30621 mounting kit. What a bear the rubbers are!!

If you hold them to the bottom of the spindle and check the fit, you will see what I mean. They do not conform to the bottom of spindle so you really have to fight them on. As I have stated in other post, once on, it compresses the very middle of the rubber about a 1/4" down into the ski! I thought I was going to either bend the bolt( used the stock bolt because of the cotter pin hole) or break the ski edge or bolt hole because of too much pressure during installation. Actually gave up and used the stock rubbers ,but after reading posts from others who also found them tough to put on I tried again and made them work!!!
Now it seems you have a different mounting kit number then us and they fit!! Mine went on so damn hard I don't know that I want to try and take them off. It won't be easy.

I wonder what my received kit should fit? I am not the only one that installed the wrong rubbers.
Man O Man, no one can get this sled right, they all confuse with Viper. Power madd windshield, snow trackers, oil plug o rings, etc. etc. almost everything that I have ordered for this rig has been wrong, even if I go out of my way and try to make sure beforehand.

When I put the Curve Skis on my viper I used the ones for the AC Pro Cross chassis. On the SW, it was the same mounting kit. Works well... Put some center shock pressure (about 1" of spring pressure) and give her a rip. Love these skis with this sled.

--Buster696--

I think he meant 30621

Yes that was my thought also, but any way you look at it I now have wrong rubbers on my skis! Still night and day difference from stock Tuners.

Oh by the way!
Thanks for this post and info StevewithOCD & 75Northface.

Well i ordered for Sidewinder. I know people make mistakes, but nobody seems to have things ready for this machine which is frustrating, most notably YAMAHA! Now i have to overnight...mo' money mo' money

Oh by the way!
Thanks for this post and info StevewithOCD & 75Northface.

No problem. BTW I love the skis. Night and day from the stock tuners

Reactions: AXR
I got xs30621. I ordered for Sidewinder, so they need to fix numbers on line. I'll see if i can get correct part over-night
Just spoke with Curve Tech and found that this is the correct kit. Other kit mentioned has same rubbers just different bushing width!

As long as you have the rubbers that have a higher back, those are correct.
Talked about hot water soak for rubbers before installing.
Claimed they will loosen up a bit and leave an imprint on rubber if removed in a couple of weeks.

Back