• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve skis - Tried different carbides

chris3475 said:
So is the 6 inch shaper bar the right bar for my xtx?

I tried some 6" shapers on my studded, 121 Nytro and I felt they were too aggressive. The snow conditions on the trail at the time were very hard and set up. I didn't like how much effort it took to turn the bars.

The shapers really hang out down below the ski and I've found that the Curve skis do not really need any help from a shaper bar to turn. The skis really do grip the corners and turn. I think you'd be better off with round bars.

AKrider said:
chris3475 said:
So is the 6 inch shaper bar the right bar for my xtx?

I tried some 6" shapers on my studded, 121 Nytro and I felt they were too aggressive. The snow conditions on the trail at the time were very hard and set up. I didn't like how much effort it took to turn the bars.

The shapers really hang out down below the ski and I've found that the Curve skis do not really need any help from a shaper bar to turn. The skis really do grip the corners and turn. I think you'd be better off with round bars.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.GoProSchools.com

AM is on an 08' rtx, you appear to be on an 09' XTX very different. Even my S.E. Is way different than the 08'. I use the 7.5" shaper but i also came from an Apex with USI's so I'm used to heavier steering effort. I will sacrifice the slightly heavier effort for more possitive steeing. I can still stand and steer with one hand. I am a believer in the Curve's, both the product and the guys behind it.

Chris, did you go home with a 6" shaper from Big East? If so, you and Nick must have decided it was better for your application due to the conditions you ride in most (loose). We do recommend the 6" round bar to every rider unless you give us a reason otherwise to recommend a shaper.

LJ, there is about 3' on the ground in Old Forge, NY (Tug Hill area).... how is MI coming?

SD, the Leading Edge is for customers who are looking for a darting solution and ride mainly hard packed conditions. One thing Nick and I have come to learn is that every rider has a different definition and sensitivity to darting. The LE aims to eliminate deceleration tracking and low speed darting. We invented this device as an answer to some of the problems our Yamaha customers have had... The Nytro and Apex in particular. We don't recommend the Leading Edge unless you feel it's needed. In other words, it's not required for everyone.

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.GoProSchools.com

Thanks for the quick response but for the most part I ride on groomed trails. I guess I'll just have to try it first and if its to hard I can always switch.

Chris, I talked to Nick about your purchase and he said the same thing I just did... we wouldn't have recommended them unless that's what you wanted. Some of our customers are dead set on shapers because of success they've had on other skis. When we insist you only need a round bar as AKrider pointed out above, some people still want a shaper.... No harm, no foul.

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.GoProSchools.com

Back