• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Damn you COVID! -- Trailer prices

ateick

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'24 Rene XRS 900R
'18 SR Viper RTX (SOLD)
'20 Poo XCR 850 (SOLD)
Well like everything else trailers are going crazy. If you are looking for a new one for next year don't wait too long!

I just put a deposit on a 8x12 hybrid for delivery Sept- Dec'ish. They don't even know the exact price yet because materials like steel, aluminum wood are so volatile!

Another place I looked at has set their 2022 prices and they are 16% higher than the 2021's were with no changes to the design.

By the looks of the snowchecks volumes it's going to be busy winter on the roads and trails. Can't wait!

If you can get over the boarder checkout Proline in NH USA. Order a Hybrid and get some accessories with it!

No trailers in WI either delivery dates have come and gone with no idea of models and prices. In January I converted a new 2021 aluminum cargo trailer into a snowmobile trailer and I’m probably better of for the effort. Your right about pricing and delivery I was told Triton was out 30 weeks and area dealers just stopped working with them didn’t know purchase pricing or delivery 30 weeks is impossible imo.

I was hunting my a$$ off for an 8.5x 12-13' hybrid all winter, and woulda settled for a 12' tilt clamshell too. Unless you are on marketplace or Craigslist the minute a nice one is listed, have the cash on hand, AND the time to go get it that day, it will be gone in a heartbeat.

I consider myself lucky to actually score a hybrid about a month ago now. I was the lucky guy to see it as soon as it was listed (8 PM at night) and left at 6 AM the next morning and drove 3 hours to get it. It was in very good condition and I didn't even try to dicker on the asking price, paid the seller and came home.

Seller said that from the time of it being listed till I arrived at about 9 AM( 13 hours) , they had 15 messages about it, and I believe them.

I was hunting my a$$ off for an 8.5x 12-13' hybrid all winter, and woulda settled for a 12' tilt clamshell too. Unless you are on marketplace or Craigslist the minute a nice one is listed, have the cash on hand, AND the time to go get it that day, it will be gone in a heartbeat.

I consider myself lucky to actually score a hybrid about a month ago now. I was the lucky guy to see it as soon as it was listed (8 PM at night) and left at 6 AM the next morning and drove 3 hours to get it. It was in very good condition and I didn't even try to dicker on the asking price, paid the seller and came home.

Seller said that from the time of it being listed till I arrived at about 9 AM( 13 hours) , they had 15 messages about it, and I believe them.
Yup. That sounds familiar. Lol. I called about a 2019 on Kijiji within an hour of it being posted this week (and it was selling for the price of last years new ones) and the guy already had a deposit for it.

Yup. That sounds familiar. Lol. I called about a 2019 on Kijiji within an hour of it being posted this week (and it was selling for the price of last years new ones) and the guy already had a deposit for it.

It's a bubble just like the housing market was years ago, and frankly currently is again, it will burst, there will be a market correction, and will be flooded with used powersports and trailers to be bought for realistic prices.

Unfortunately, people in need right now are at a major disadvantage.

I personally didn't NEED a smaller trailer as I already have a 4-5 place enclosed, it just sucks dragging a NASCAR hauler around for 1 or 2 sleds 90% of the time.

Wow I’m getting ready to post my trailer for sale. Maybe the used market will be better than I thought. Although my luck doesn’t usually work that way.

If you can get over the boarder checkout Proline in NH USA. Order a Hybrid and get some accessories with it!
That is what I did. Sold my trailer that I bought over 10 years ago in February for more than I paid for it. Them immediately ordered a Pro-Line built to my specs.
upload_2021-4-13_19-50-50.png

I ordered this one in green.

Wow I’m getting ready to post my trailer for sale. Maybe the used market will be better than I thought. Although my luck doesn’t usually work that way.

Unless it's a beat POS, ask plenty for it, because you'll likely get it.

And even beat a POS will command more than common sense would say it should.

that is the truth.

been looking for an enclosed 14-16' for storing/hauling atv's for the last 2 years and the used prices are nuts even on beat up almost junk trailers. already have 2 that only fit one (10' and a 12') atv and would like one a bit bigger that could also double as a small trip 2 sled trailer if needed. the 12 would work if she did not have a 2 up atv that is 8' long.

Same here, purchased in Feb and they are saying June/July and even that is a guess. I bought a 7x19 with a custom door in it for my Razor so I can open the door of the RZR and get out with out crawling around it. It should hold 3 sleds in winter, and rzr in summer.

Stain- looks good, I have two Proline trailers (single axle) (ATV & Sled). Make sure you get the inverter installed for lights when the trailer is not hooked up to the truck and the plug for the battery tender ...to many accessories to list. Also mounted used Kitchen cabinets and a strapped down harbor freight wheeled tool chest that I wheel between trailers based on the season. Good Luck

I ordered a hybrid 8.5 x 12 in January and delivery is August of this year. Pricing went up 10-12% from last year.
I called very dealer in a 100 mile radius and they were all sold out by January

Trailer dealers in the Midwest have been without snowmobile Hybrids since October 2020. Those that had a few immediately sold them. No clams ,no nothing and I would not buy a clam anyway. Currently few aluminum cargos on lots forget snowmobile trailers for now maybe in Fall hard to say dealers and mannys just don’t know pricing or delivery of trailers. I’m happy I bought mine in January as the situation is getting worse for now. I kept waiting for deliveries that never happened happy I wised up when I did. Now I feel sorry for trailer dealers they have zip to sell and no idea when and if their orders will be filled. SUCKS!

Anyone looked at buying a 4 X 8 3/4inch sheet of plywood at Home Depot .Close to $100.00 CDN and apparently in the U.S. also !!!!!!!!!!
Paying more for a used anything, not an antique, than what it cost brand new , reeks of something going wrong in the world .
Houses selling for 30% more than listed that day , without even an inspection clause is very dangerous .
I haven't even looked at what the increase in MSRP from a 17 SW LTX LE to a 22 .
It may be reasonable compared to other commodities .

Back