• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

darting

Thanks for all the ideas , I have tightened the springs on the shocks and strange as it sounds its helped.. time will tell with different trail conditions.. I knew I could count on U guys. Will keep U posted or will B looking 4 more ideas ! So far I shimmed the skis , lengthened the limiter strap , checked alignment ( O.K. ) ,checked the ski to track alignment ( O.K.) , steering and everything is tight .. Happy Trails

He has Yamaha Tuner skis which don't use Dooly or Duece style wearbars. They have two separate keels which each take one wearbar.

But yes, Doolies/Duece Bars will pretty much cure a darting problem when using single keel, single runner skis.
I used the Double Down doolie bar on my 06 vector , & yes it cured the darting ..Also lengthened the limiter strap . Thanks Norm

Shortening pulls skid up putting more weight on ski's. Tunner's from everything I have heard and read steer easier and are better for darting but don't eliminate it, also some setup's on the tunner's are better than others. Mabe some one that has spent time with them can elaborate. If it was mine I would look for some pre 2011 ski's and if your not a real agressive rider put the semiagressive Trackers on them with toe set to 0 with a strap across the tip's to take up slack. You will have the most settled sled you have ever ridden.
So no I don't think they have a Tracker set up for the tunner's.
Please explain the strap across the tips ? Thanks Norm

All it does is take any slop out while you adjust so you don't end up with toe in.

Before you spend any money on skis or carbides, I would start with theCATman's setup. It's a good point to start, then adjust from there. All the advice you've gotten is great, and spot on. You probably need less ski pressure overall. However, if you get too far astray and adjust too many things, it's hard to remember what you did and where you started. I used this and liked it. Then, I went softer on all the settings, as I only weigh 165. Start here, then adjust:
QUOTE:
Here is your meal ticket. My (theCATman) setup for Apex & Vector. Many satisfied TY customers over the years. ;)!

This is for LTX or 121" also. This is the same setup I use on my '06 Apex GT (121") save for the ability to adjust the shock electrically vs manually.

Depending on everyone's given weight & trail conditions more compression may be needed on the remote dial on the tunnel. PLEASE realize this.

1. Front shocks-- pre-load measurement of 1 7/8" collar to collar

2. Front shocks-- compression. clicker dial is 3 clicks in from full soft. In other words, turn it in counterclockwise 'till it stops, & then in 3 clicks

3. Front shocks-- rebound. clicker dial is 3 clicks in from full fast rebound. In other words, turn it counterclockwise 'til it stops, & then 3 clicks in.

4. Rear Mono-Shock pre-load-- Leave it in the stock cam notch. This should be the middle notch.

5. Rear transfer rod-- Turn the transfer rod IN to a measurement of 1 1/8"

6. Rear Mono-Shock rebound-- 3 clicks from full soft, according to the dial on the tunnel. In other words, turn it all the way to full soft & then 3 clicks toward hard. NOTE: the compression feel will also change as the rebound is set tighter for weight & trail conditions.

7. Some people have gone 1-2 notches tighter on the limiter strap. I personally have tried it & noticed no difference from the stock location.

REMINDER!! the rear setting can & will have to change some depending on your weight & trail conditions. This also will change the feel of the compression too.

On a side note also. As we all know the stock Yamaha skis suck major balls. Dually runners in the 6-10" range are highly recommended. As are Snow-Trackers if you choose that route.

ONE EDIT TO THIS SETUP: Whenever my wife rides the sled, I put the Mono-Shock preload to full soft. She said the middle setting was a little harsh for her. She's about 125 lbs with gear. I don't think many of us guys here are only a buck-thirty geared up, but be aware that a light rider may want the Mono set on soft.

Any other questions, just ask.
END QUOTE

Gosh-- with no single keel on my 2015 RS Venture TF--it needs help--and I look at the Snowtrackers and it looks absolutely gaudy and I have to believe that a different ski would be maybe the answer? This Tuner 2015 ski just seems to limit my options so much--and I just don't have $400 to spend on new skis--

Gosh-- with no single keel on my 2015 RS Venture TF--it needs help--and I look at the Snowtrackers and it looks absolutely gaudy and I have to believe that a different ski would be maybe the answer? This Tuner 2015 ski just seems to limit my options so much--and I just don't have $400 to spend on new skis--
Who cares if the snow trackers look a bit odd. They flat out work.

Well I have the tuners on two machines and I have no issues with my set up. I use a square stock carbide on the inner keel and round stock no carbide on the outer keel. I have tried round stock carbide on the inner keel and it just does not work the same. Yes when the trails are very soft there is some push and trackers would help, and when the trails are hard, there is lots of bite (sometimes almost too much as my MP wants to tip, but the Vector loves it) but for most all other conditions, both machines perform very well. I am what might be considered a semi aggressive rider and I feel very comfortable with this setup for the tuners. Just my two cents on the tuners.

Back