• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dealer Recommendations

WarriorDan

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 LT-X GT EPS
I would greatly appreciate your input. I live in the Detroit suburbs and currently have a RX Warrior that has been great but as I "mature" it is time for some better suspension, probably power steering and a bit more get up and go. I want to order a Sidewinder in the next week or two after considering the 2022 options. It will be primarily for trail use. I generally ride in the Traverse City area and around Seney in the UP. I do not have a dealer as I have not needed to do much of anything to my sled other than general maintenance over the last 10 years. I would appreciate recommendations as to dealers (and sales persons) who know these sleds well and who provide good customer service. I will go wherever I need to in order to get good service and a knowledgeable dealer. The dealer I bought my sled from is long gone and a friend has been doing much of my maintenance work. Thanks much in advance for your input.

Meyers Yamaha in Ishpeming MI. Excellent people and absolutely the best service. I started buying sleds from them in 2001, a 2002 Viper when I lived over there. I now live 230 mile away and they are my “home” dealer. 10 more sleds, atv, SxS and all service since then.

I would recommend Sports Unlimited in Alpena. My brother and I have bought alot of sleds from them over the years. Talk to Jimmy and you will not be disappointed. They exceed our expectations. His service is great and he understands the sense of urgency of a short season.

burlyviper and DIwarrior.... Thank you very much for the suggestions. They are appreciated.

Port Yamaha does not add all the BS fees other dealers do, they would always be my first choice.
I have talked to Jimmy in Alpena, really nice guy and he is near my lake house up north, he gave me a price on a X4 SxS that was 2k more than Port OTD, Port is cheaper with out the added fees if your willing to make the drive to Wisconsin.
They are a site sponsor, and all the parts I have bought over the years Kevin gets them right to you and at a discount.

Last edited:
I would recommend Sports Unlimited in Alpena. My brother and I have bought alot of sleds from them over the years. Talk to Jimmy and you will not be disappointed. They exceed our expectations. His service is great and he understands the sense of urgency of a short season.

I also recommend Sports Unlimited in Alpena...he has been great to deal with.

I also recommend Sports Unlimited in Alpena...he has been great to deal with.

Thank you very much to those who passed on the recommendation to buy from Sports Unlimited. I had a less than fruitful experience over the last several weeks with one initial vendor who is closer to me. They did not seem to want to sell a sled and on multiple occasions did not return promised calls or provide the paperwork they on multiple occasions promised to send. I talked with Jimmy at Sports Unlimited today and was really pleased with his approach, professionalism and knowledge. I am placing an order with them for a L-TX GT. Already scheming with Jimmy about what changes/additions I want to make so that we can be ready when the sled comes in. I greatly appreciate everyone's input. A bit far to drive but worth it for a good vendor which I believe they will be. Thanks again.

I may start a new thread about what I really should do and other good to have options on a priority basis as I am pretty new to this.. I have read lots of the TY articles and see lots of fixes, options and should do's and I need to put together a prioritized list as "can't have everything". My only experience is with my RX Warrior which I bought the first year it came out and things have changed just a little since then.....

Kevin at PortYamaha is the way to go. Believe it or not, my first sled RX1 was purchased from them and sent to me in NH on the back of the cheese truck. I have a picture somewhere. If I find it, I will post.

Back