• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

defective Iceage Rails

Dr. FeeLGooD

VIP Member
Holes for front shock shaft drilled in wrong spot, idler wheel mounts do not fit. They have not responded to my email asking what happens next, very dissapointed in this company.

NsKkjOom.jpg
OloGuUnm.jpg
Qx8mBfOm.jpg

What skid are they for? I have had a couple of sets and never a problem. They are all cnc cut so unless their fixture moved, hard to have one set out....
Mine were on a nytro air

I received a response from Iceage early this week which is posted below. He says to shave off the aluminum collar to get past the hyfax. Looks like I might have to do a little on the shaft also. I am going with his rails as the factory ones are too light for my use. I still think there is an error in the program but I am sure it will work. Other than that they do look rugged and well built.

"We are updating our instruction for this rail kit, as it fits a number of models. Cat has been using essentially this suspension for a number of years. It seems the lower shock shaft size has changed over time. We are directing customers to modify the shaft sleeve like shown in the attached picture. The Hyfax we use is taller in this section. I believe the Cat hyfax has a little less height and allows for this clearance. Unfortunately the cat hyfax doesn’t fit our rail extrusion. We are wider in this area to provide added strength.

As far as the rail tip, most of these sleds do not come with the anti-stab. The ones that do will need to be drilled out to accommodate the larger fastener and bushings.

Again – I do apologize, we are working to create better install instructions for all of our rail kits. My plan is to have these available both in the box and on the website. This way customers will be able to see if any modifications are required. If you would prefer to return these rails, I understand, we will give you a full refund."

Back