• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Desperate for Fuel Pump Upgrade (Boosted Nytro)

Krummy

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 FX Nytro
Seeing as the MPI fuel pump and regulator upgrade is no longer available (been out of stock for years), I really need some help on getting more fuel to my boosted Nytro. I am running ~7.5 lbs boost and my stock fuel pump with the GEM's cranked all the way up cannot keep up (13+ AFR for 2 second blasts). Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to setup an inline fuel system on this sled? Without having the machined parts for the fuel return and the FPR, I feel stranded. What is everyone else running for a fuel pump on a boosted Nytro north of 8 psi? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Walbro GSL392 Fuel Pump https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000ED8KTG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fC99zbJWFRDEG purchase this pump and a fuel pressure regulator like this one Aeromotive 13109 A1000-6 Injected Bypass Regulator https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000CFSL1I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_cD99zbPQPRV21 then you have to take out the stock fuel pump in the tank and gut it. As well as buy an attachment for the fuel rail to make it a return style sytem so when it pressures up and you release the throttle it has somewhere to goto and wont create a vapour lock in the fuel rail.

This is what a guy had sent me when i was asking about all this when i did my turbo kit last year.

I saw you asking alot of questions on the ulmer racing turbo kit. I have ran one for the past four years started out as a stage 1 and converted up to a stage 3. With the head shim and studs 8 to 9lbs on pump gas with a 11.5 or richer afr should be safe. I lost a shim last year at 8.5pbs with a 12.5 afr from less than great pump fuel. I run a gtx2860 turbo, head studs, hurricane cam timing, and a ulmer fuel pump upgrade with the walboro 392 fuel pump. Stock injectors are done in the 12 to 14lb area varies from sled to sled. Make sue you gut the factory pump and add a piece of fuel line so it's just the filter. Set your fuel pressure around 45 lbs cold as when the pump heat soaks a little it will drop the pressure a little. Remember the pumps are gravity feed not suction pumps so wherever you mount your pump make sue its at least as low as the bottom of the gas tank. Add to 20 amp fuses on each side of the starter relay. If you install the studs and headshim I highly recommend running hurricane racings cam timing. Make sure you heat wrap everything. If you are gonna trail ride it plan on adding some custom coolers in the tunnel the fron mount makes alot of heat. Red loctite all your lines and make sure they are all braided lines even the ones for the coolant. I also suggest having the turbo mounting surface machined flat and the manifold machined flat so you can run gasket less. I also prefer inconel mounting hardware on the turbo all the another crap breaks if you need to pull the turbo. I could go on for a while on setup, let me know if you got any questions and I will help you out as much as I can.

Very nice write up! The only difference in my setup is I installed a larger fuel pump relay and larger wires to the pump. Use the existing fuel pump wires to turn on the relay. Twenty amps through the existing pump wires is questionable at best on my viper, it will definitely be dropping some voltage to the pump.

I really appreciate the write up and links. As far as the rail and gas tank attachment, where is everyone finding these items? I have called MPI and they do not have any in stock and have no intentions of producing more. Let me know, Thanks

upload_2017-10-31_12-7-55.png

Very nice write up! The only difference in my setup is I installed a larger fuel pump relay and larger wires to the pump. Use the existing fuel pump wires to turn on the relay. Twenty amps through the existing pump wires is questionable at best on my viper, it will definitely be dropping some voltage to the pump.
I kept the stock wire and added a bigger relay works good for me.

Hope this helps out glade i got the helo last year so makes me feel good to pass on the info. Any other questions i will try to answer as best i can

Walboro 392 pump and malpassi regulator 1 to 1 rising rate. This is how ulmer use to set them up there is a return line off the regulator you plumb back into the tank and when gutting the stock pump make sure to set the filter height so it doesn't sit to high or suction so itself to the bottom of the tank

How are you guys plumbing the return line? How are you getting the return fuel back in the tank?

I ended up running a line from the fpr back down the gas tank to the white stock fuel pump housing. Drilled a hole in the white housing and attached an elbow with a rubber grommet.

I ended up running a line from the fpr back down the gas tank to the white stock fuel pump housing. Drilled a hole in the white housing and attached an elbow with a rubber grommet.
No leaks? Grommet holds up under fuel?

Havent fired it up or run it for the season yet but this is the method hurricane suggested. The grommet is a very tight fit and then it gets pushed outward by the elbow running through it.

Back